Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any roads fit

• 04-12-2010 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Are there any roads in Louth or Meath fit for cycling tomorrow was hoping to get 50klms done in the morning.

Or am I mad?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Trekker09

mattock wrote: »
    Or am I mad?

Not quite, but yer in the Cycling Adverts thread!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭mattock

Oops , Mods can we move to the main Cycling forum.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭mccutchie

You must be nuts, forget about it, roads are lethal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

You should post this as a poll - in which case I vote for mad - anyhting I've seen in East Meath is lethal.

some of the bigger roads look clear enough, but there's still loads of slush and ice patches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Jawgap wrote: »
    You should post this as a poll - in which case I vote for mad - anyhting I've seen in East Meath is lethal.

some of the bigger roads look clear enough, but there's still loads of slush and ice patches.

Getting to them clear roads is also a bit problem, at this rate i'm gonna have to dig out the dreaded turbo trainer :eek:

• Advertisement

Zorba wrote: »
    Getting to them clear roads is also a bit problem, at this rate i'm gonna have to dig out the dreaded turbo trainer :eek:

Get the turbo out......Bettystown this morning.....

47584_474421447085_606027085_5508142_543254_n.jpg

Get the turbo out......Bettystown this morning.....

47584_474421447085_606027085_5508142_543254_n.jpg

Looks pretty actually till u realise what a pain it is to drive and walk in the snow.
    Can't even get out for a run !

Will hold off on the turbo and hope for forecast for the weather to get warmer over the weekend comes true.

Zorba wrote: »
    Looks pretty actually till u realise what a pain it is to drive and walk in the snow.
    Can't even get out for a run !

Will hold off on the turbo and hope for forecast for the weather to get warmer over the weekend comes true.

Very picturesque and even digging the car out this morning was good fun! Just a pity it limits the cycling opportunities. I think there's a bit of a thaw forecast for tomorrow.

Very picturesque and even digging the car out this morning was good fun! Just a pity it limits the cycling opportunities. I think there's a bit of a thaw forecast for tomorrow.

Yes had a bit of fun driving home from work last night alright, was trying hard to ignore the wallys overtaking me oh and rocking the car back and forth to get it into the driveway was a challenge !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I did 10k on Meath back roads yesterday, it was very dangerous. I was doing low cadence power stuff at very low speeds, about 10kmph max. The frozen ruts are deadly, I lost the front end a few times and was lucky to stay upright.

• Advertisement
Advertisement