Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving me nuts...Is this motheboard f**ked..?

• 04-12-2010 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭

In order to get the machine to post I have to clear cmos.
    I have resetaed cpu and stripped out components etc. but the machine only works until you restart - then it doesn't post and in order to get the bios up again you need to clear cmos but once its on it stays on and works perfectly.

The mobo is an asus p5kc
    I have flashed the bios using asus update utility
    Could it be the cmos battery? If the battery was dead would it cause this issue?

The rest of the spec

quad 8200
    2 gb 1066mhz ram
    2 x samsung 1 tb drives
    akasa 450w psu

Is it f**ked or am I missing something

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If the battery was dead, it wouldn't keep the settings, and you'd need to set the time every time you booted.

Have you tried taking out the CMOS battery, booting it up, and then rebooting, to see what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

yeh i would also check you wires to your power/reset buttons.

TBH I would just have the ram and cpu in and a vga cable then use a jumper to start on on board switch if your lucky and the add a piece every time. see if that helps or at least narrow it down.

I would also check your jumper CMOS settings

Bust as previous says doubt its a battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

leave, ram in slot, 0, remove other ram dimm.
    Could be faulty ram, or try reset bios to factory default.Could you put in another graphics card, disconnect all dvds,hardrives from mobo.it would be worth putting in a new cmos battery ,make sure voltage is identical to old one.try bios mode= fastboot off, memory test on, slow boot on.

Advertisement