Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox or ps3

• 04-12-2010 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭

which is better and why

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

xbox. although microsoft made a balls of the first 360 imo, id still prefer it just on personal preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

on personal preference.

There is your answer. Which controller do you like the feel of best and after that, do you want or need a Bluray player. Then maybe google for the few exclusive titles that each has to see which you are more into.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭garden_snapper

Xbox 360 without a doubt unless you need the blueray of course but for the gaming experience alone the 360 wins half down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

FFS not another of these threads??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

PS3 for me :D but I am beginning to like Xbox after some drunken nights down at a friends house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Not really a great question to post here as each console has it's devotees, and you'll just end up starting an argument (again).

As people have said, it's totally personal preference. A huge amount of games are released for both systems, so unless you're devoted to the exclusives on one or the other; the games library won't matter.

Find out which controller you prefer, and whether you need Blu-Ray or not.

If you've no prior experience/loyalties you'll be happy with either console imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

vectrahed wrote: »
    which is better and why
    I can't believe that sh*t I just smoked brought me back to 2007...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭beardo81

If you go for either of these consoles over an Atari Jaguar you are a goddam fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

someone didnt read the forum rules about starting these threads:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Difficult one, have ps3 myself and would have said before get that, but now the xbox kinect seems pretty awesome, ps move doesnt come close.
    Pro of ps3 as said before is blueray but also free online gaming, xbox still a paid subscription if I'm not mistaking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

none of them or both. Why choose? Have them all, like me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

which is better and why

how long is a piece of string?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭vectrahed

FFS not another of these threads??????

if you cant answer my question, well dont bother replying to the thread

Schorpio wrote: »
    Not really a great question to post here as each console has it's devotees, and you'll just end up starting an argument (again).

As people have said, it's totally personal preference. A huge amount of games are released for both systems, so unless you're devoted to the exclusives on one or the other; the games library won't matter.

Find out which controller you prefer, and whether you need Blu-Ray or not.

If you've no prior experience/loyalties you'll be happy with either console imo.

thanks for the reply!

im choosing either for a christmas present but cant really decide, thats why i iasked the question

flyguy wrote: »
    Difficult one, have ps3 myself and would have said before get that, but now the xbox kinect seems pretty awesome, ps move doesnt come close.
    Pro of ps3 as said before is blueray but also free online gaming, xbox still a paid subscription if I'm not mistaking...

was looking at the kinect and thats what changed my mind on buying a ps3

thanks for your reply

garv123 wrote: »
    someone didnt read the forum rules about starting these threads:rolleyes::rolleyes:

probly one of many mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

For those that haven't read the X-CHARTER! X-UPDATED! thread that is stickied at the top of the xbox forum. I've marked the relevant section below in BOLD print:

X-charter! X-Updated!
    Lo! for it has come to pass that this wonderful forum for the X-BOX exists. This forum is covered by the Games Charter because I can't be arsed writing and maintaining another one but let's make one thing especially clear:

Posts and threads that contain ANY information which would help someone copy games for whatever reason (including for backup purposes) will not be tolerated.

This forum is for discussing xbox specific events/accesories etc, not for specific game titles. They fall under the games forum. Post here for forming xbox live groups for specific titles or technical issues and for general xbox community events and news. But for threads on specific releases please post in the games forum. All threads as such will be moved accordingly.

If you are modding your X-BOX then the Console Modding forum might be a better place.

Lastly, a message to those tribal mongoloid users who think that owning a particular console is like being in a gang. It's not, so please avoid popping over to the PLAYSTATION forum to inform them that they are "ghey".

No more xbox vs ps3 threads or similar. If you must discuss the pro/con's of either console do so in the general game forum. You wont get a straight answer in the official xbox forum (for obvious reasons) and the thread will usually end up in a flame war.

Single posts into threads with irrelevent *ps3 ftw* will be treated the same as xbox vs ps3 threads for the same reasons and have a no tolerance temporary ban.

A further note to those proprietors of the various Xbox sites: If you'd like to advertise your site on boards.ie, there are two avenues open to you:

a) buy advertising space
    b) buy a commercial interaction forum

Posts blatantly advertising your website in the XBox forum offer nothing to discussion an so will be deleted, and repeat offenders will be banned.

If you find any post that goes against the above then please use the report this post button on everypost. I view every reported post, sometimes I don't take action but most times I do.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Schorpio

was looking at the kinect and thats what changed my mind on buying a ps3

Oh yeah - I completely forgot about the 'controller-free' aspects of both consoles!

If it's a present for someone who you think would be into all that, buy a Wii. It'll work out cheaper, and there's already a massive games library. Otherwise, if the person you're buying for wants to actually play proper video games the way God intended, get either of the other two.

Long live the controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

for starters your not allowed start one of these threads and why ask it in the xbox forum where most will say xbox for obvious reasons. try asking it in the games forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

if you cant read the charter then dont bother creating threads.

Have a week off to think about it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement