Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

errlloyd wrote: »
    Wow, like, who pays for 3 consecutive days? Surely thats well silly...

Gluck all.

People who have exams on 3 consecutive days?

And good luck everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Well we're almost there. Tomorrow is the first day of exams... There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Best of luck everyone, I hope they go well :)

Nice attitude! Best of luck to everyone too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

good luck everyone...and thanks for all the info:)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Good luck everyone. Also 6 O clock exams on a Saturday should be illegal :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Good luck everyone. Also 6 O clock exams on a Saturday should be illegal :mad:
    +1 all exams on Saturday should be illegal. I just came back from an exam at 9 o'clock. I have one next Saturday at 6pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

No pencils, no bananas, no jokes from Alan

BOARDS-VERY-DISSAPOINT.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Son-Am-Disappoint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Not amused. Was looking for my goddamn banana earlier.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

No bananas? *sigh* I was looking forward to free nourishment between exams on Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Well thanks all you seasoned veterans. There I was, an innocent unsuspecting supple and tender first year, with no water or pencils. Disappointment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Well thanks all you seasoned veterans. There I was, an innocent unsuspecting supple and tender first year, with no water or pencils. Disappointment :(

WTF?:eek:

No come on you should have known to bring a pencil with ya surely if ya needed it!

• Advertisement

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    WTF?:eek:

No come on you should have known to bring a pencil with ya surely if ya needed it!

Just don't overcook him and he'll taste just fine.

A nice marinade never goes far wrong either! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

theres too many pages and im too tired, so im just going to ask Qs, sorry if theyre already asked...

Ill be getting the half 6 bus, and hopefully ill get to ucd around quarted past 8... My exam starts at 9!
    1) How long will it take to get from the 10 bus stop to the RDS?
    2) How often will the buses be going? I dont fancy getting there at quarter past 8, to wait till half 8 for a bus and then be late with trying to find my seat and whatnot...
    3) And how much will it cost? I remember reading a while ago that people used to book their places on the bus, will I need to do this? Im terrified the bus will be full >_<
    4) I remember someone saying that we get an exam number, and its different to our ucd number, how do we get this number?
    5) Are our bags safe outside the hall? I cant really imagine that they would be :confused:

1 - 15 mins
    2 - every 15-20 mins
    3 - free
    4 - there's no exam number, you get a desk number for each exam which is on notice boards outside the hall
    5 - bags etc are safe, but I wouldnt be bringing around any diamonds in my bag just in case

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    1 - 15 mins
    2 - every 15-20 mins
    3 - free
    4 - there's no exam number, you get a desk number for each exam which is on notice boards outside the hall
    5 - bags etc are safe, but I wouldnt be bringing around any diamonds in my bag just in case

Cheers :D Do you think ill be safe getting to ucd at quarted past 8 and getting the bus? Im a slow walker at the best of times, and throwing in some ice, it would take me an hour to get there :pac:

I could get a 6 o clock bus, that gets to dublin at 7, but then id be at ucd for like half 7-8...

muffinz wrote: »
    theres too many pages and im too tired, so im just going to ask Qs, sorry if theyre already asked...

Ill be getting the half 6 bus, and hopefully ill get to ucd around quarted past 8... My exam starts at 9!
    2) How often will the buses be going? I dont fancy getting there at quarter past 8, to wait till half 8 for a bus and then be late with trying to find my seat and whatnot...
    3) And how much will it cost? I remember reading a while ago that people used to book their places on the bus, will I need to do this? Im terrified the bus will be full >_<
    4) I remember someone saying that we get an exam number, and its different to our ucd number, how do we get this number?
    5) Are our bags safe outside the hall? I cant really imagine that they would be :confused:

Do you have the option to get off your bus at Donnybrook Church instead of getting off at UCD?

Bags are safe enough. But there will always be a chance something could happen. With that in mind, there is no need to bring much with you other than what you need for the exam. You can bring your wallet into the exam hall and leave it on the floor beside you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

THe first bus leaves UCD at 8 30, I got it yesterday morning it was there on time, the return service was good too

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

it takes approximatly 40 mins to walk there from ucd, id adivise you to check google maps for the route in case you have to walk, i wouldn't fancy getting a bus at 8:30 for and exam at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

valor wrote: »
    THe first bus leaves UCD at 8 30, I got it yesterday morning it was there on time, the return service was good too

It'd take longer in rush hour traffic Monday-Friday though I'd say.

Ugh, Im pretty pissed off right now. Why dont the SU do buses from 8, not half 8? It leaves pretty much no time to get settled....

Ugh, Im pretty pissed off right now. Why dont the SU do buses from 8, not half 8? It leaves pretty much no time to get settled....

But I don't get why you can't get off your bus at Donnybrook Church and walk down? Would only take 10 minutes or so. You would be there with 20 or 30 minutes to settle in. With Google maps and Google Streetview, you can make sure you know the way if it is your first time.

Does your bus not go that way?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if the 17 is going into campus again or skirting around it instead?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Does anyone know if the 17 is going into campus again or skirting around it instead?

2 days ago I saw it going into campus, so it's *probably* still doing so.

Thanks. Think I'll just ask the driver in the morning then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

17 goes thru campus, I've seen it all the time

I agree buses starting at 8 would make alot more sense

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

Much better off getting 46A/145 or any of those to Donnybrook Station and walking! And yeah the 17 does go into UCD all day but during peak traffic times it goes down Fosters Avenue and around into the front gate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I think what she was referring to was that during the icy weather the 17 did not go through campus. Then it started going through campus via the front gate only (avoiding Foster's avenue entrance) and was wondering if it is back to normal.

On another note, pencil cases are a no no in the exam hall, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

On another note, pencil cases are a no no in the exam hall, right?

So it says which is either a new rule or wasn't enforced last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Also

Just in reference to time-keeping for the exams are there many clocks in the hall? And if you were sitting in the middle would they be really far away? I really should buy a watch...I'll have to try borrow someone's:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Also wrote: »
    Just in reference to time-keeping for the exams are there many clocks in the hall? And if you were sitting in the middle would they be really far away? I really should buy a watch...I'll have to try borrow someone's:eek:

yeah they have a good few, they have them on stands that they can easily move around, move one near ya if you cant see it. ive never had any problem seeing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Overature wrote: »
    yeah they have a good few, they have them on stands that they can easily move around, move one near ya if you cant see it. ive never had any problem seeing them
    People will hate you if you do that.

Advertisement