Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    People will hate you if you do that.

i dont do it, but i saw one guy move one a good 5 metres so he could see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I just did that pre pay parking thing there. Just wondering, do the lads at the gate automatically recognize the reg plate, or is it on a list? or do I show them the confirmation text message?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Overature wrote: »
    i dont do it, but i saw one guy move one a good 5 metres so he could see it
    I think if someone moved the clock like that so I couldn't see it anymore I'd probably get up and move it back where it was. It's not his place to move the clock after the invigilators have measured the distance between clocks so everyone can reasonably see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Exam bus was a joke today. Was supposed to be 2-3 on a loop, there was one running. Waited at 2 10 at UCD, Bus came at 2 50, was 5 minutes late for exam.
    On the way back, was waiting for 40 minutes, some people were waiting an hour, when we tried to get on the bus driver said no I'm not taking you bakc, this was the last run, but he eventually let us on.

Its supposed to run until 8 right?

I asked someone at the SU desk before I Went out to wait for the bus where pick up was, he directed me to the wrong place. I tried to call the Education OFficer, Paul Lyanam, Lynam's mobile and the main desk and got 0 pick ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

What has the temperature in the Industries hall been like?

Boiling or freezing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

samsamson wrote: »
    What has the temperature in the Industries hall been like?

Boiling or freezing?

I had an exam there on Saturday 12 - 2 and it was grand. Wasn't too hot or too cold, just right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

valor wrote: »
    Exam bus was a joke today. Was supposed to be 2-3 on a loop, there was one running. Waited at 2 10 at UCD, Bus came at 2 50, was 5 minutes late for exam.
    On the way back, was waiting for 40 minutes, some people were waiting an hour, when we tried to get on the bus driver said no I'm not taking you bakc, this was the last run, but he eventually let us on.

Its supposed to run until 8 right?

I asked someone at the SU desk before I Went out to wait for the bus where pick up was, he directed me to the wrong place. I tried to call the Education OFficer, Paul Lyanam, Lynam's mobile and the main desk and got 0 pick ups.

Wtf is with that?! Guess I'll be walking to my exams, not trusting that...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 doly

I just did that pre pay parking thing there. Just wondering, do the lads at the gate automatically recognize the reg plate, or is it on a list? or do I show them the confirmation text message?
    How do I know what the location code is? I have registered and can't figure out how to get six parking sessions for 20 euros. The FAQ is no help. Dublin City Council one is much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

WTF was with the 4 shuttle buses at 5 o clock? One of them let people on then it and the other three just drove off leaving a good 80 people stranded.

PS no free water...disappointment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Took 30 minutes to walk to the RDS today from the N11 entrance of UCD, and about 35 back. It's actually a lot closer than I thought!

An alternative suggestion to walking is to get 39a/46a/145 any of those N11 buses - get off at the DB depot - and apparently the cost is €1.15. From there it's about a 10 minute walk up Anglesea Road.

No announcer guy in the industries hall today! According to a few of my friends there was a stand where they were giving out pens and pencils free but I never noticed it!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Yeah, think yer man is in the main hall. Stand was up by the main hall entrance, got me my pre-exam banana this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

No announcer guy in the industries hall today!

Pfft.

The industries hall is the equivalent of a really bad support act for a concert. It is completely beneath Alan to preside over that place. The Main Hall is his epicentre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Pfft.

The industries hall is the equivalent of a really bad support act for a concert. It is completely beneath Alan to preside over that place. The Main Hall is his epicentre.

Too true. It would be like Jay-Z performing in the Student Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

He was taking bags etc at the cloakroom on saturday. My exam was in industries hall - missed him in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Too true. It would be like Jay-Z performing in the Student Bar.

He announced this evening that the main hall was THE hall.

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Reading about the buses from UCD in this thread has made me really appreciate living a 10 minute walk from the RDS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭marglin

i pity evry1 who has to get a bus nothing worse than having all your timing thrown off....cycling all the way!!
    hate it when invigilators take ages to collect papers had an exam today my row was waiting a good ten min after evry1 else how hard is it to collect some f!!kin papers!!
    nevermind me im just ranting exam stress blah blahdy blah

announcer guy absolute legend the one thing you can be sure is going ro be part of your exam!

on a brighter note hope its goin well for all and good luck on the rest!!

btw anyone know wen exams are actually over im finished the 22nd just trying to find out if that it is in fact the last day?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

Have you guys had any problems with keeping your phones switched off in your pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

samsamson wrote: »
    Have you guys had any problems with keeping your phones switched off in your pocket?

1st exam no, 2nd exam we were told to put them on the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Does cool announcer guy only do the main hall? your wan today in the industries hall was a bit obnoxious by comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Walnut.

We had that narky one last night in the Industries hall. Two people were leaving just when the scripts were just starting to be collected and she said "Please sit down" twice before saying "Would the two people who are leaving the exam hall please sit down". Scarlehh' for them, wouldn't wanna get on the wrong side of her :eek:

Also she announced for the Physics for Engineers exam that the speed of sound was 343 meters per second, and said if anyone had a problem with that they should raise their hand. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭GobBass

After the 9am exam yesterday,she went on an absolute mad one at a chap who was still writing. He was doodling on the question sheet having given up his answer booklet 5-7 minutes beforehand. Spotlight addiction I guess :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

She actually said " Please, would the two people leaving the exam hall please sit down, please"

Bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Walnut. wrote: »
    Also she announced for the Physics for Engineers exam that the speed of sound was 343 meters per second, and said if anyone had a problem with that they should raise their hand. :pac:

Good ol' Lobaskin, he never fails to leave a required constant off the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

marglin wrote: »
    btw anyone know wen exams are actually over im finished the 22nd just trying to find out if that it is in fact the last day?

Yup that's the last day of exams.

All term dates can be found here:

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/term_dates_2010-11.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

how do we know what hall to go to for each exam?:confused:

Ok so, my bus goes through the city centre and then out to UCD. It passes by the Dublin Bus building with all the buses, at the crossroads. Where do I go from here to get to the RDS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

muffinz wrote: »

Initiative ...

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭deereidy

muffinz wrote: »

Ok so, my bus goes through the city centre and then out to UCD. It passes by the Dublin Bus building with all the buses, at the crossroads. Where do I go from here to get to the RDS?

it should be on your exam timetable if you go into student life and then sis student web on ucd connect.

If you're getting the 46a or the 39a get it to donnybrook church (ask the driver if you don't know) then get off and follow the signs, if in doubt just follow all the students who will probably all be walking down at the same time or ask someone. The RDS main hall and industries hall are off Anglesea road

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

According to a few of my friends there was a stand where they were giving out pens and pencils free but I never noticed it!?

Yeah theres an SU desk in Shelbourne Hall!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Well I'll be in the main hall on Thursday morning, so I look forward to hearing the announcer then :)

Found the SU stand today - beside the entrance to the main hall. Got free pens and a lollipop which was great :)

Best of luck in your exams! By the way for those getting buses, Anglesea road is directly opposite the Dublin Bus Garage at Donnybrook (more recognisable than Donnybrook Church for those who aren't familiar with the area). It costs €1.15 from UCD, and it is a 10 minute walk from the bus stop to the RDS.

Advertisement