Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Best of luck in your exams! By the way for those getting buses, Anglesea road is directly opposite the Dublin Bus Garage at Donnybrook (more recognisable than Donnybrook Church for those who aren't familiar with the area). It costs €1.15 from UCD, and it is a 10 minute walk from the bus stop to the RDS.

There's a fork at that junction so just make sure ye take the left road up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

There's a fork at that junction so just make sure ye take the left road up.

There will be lots of ppl walking from Donnybrook to RDS so if you get stuck ask someone. There are signs up too for UCD exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

And theres a study area past the entrance to Hall 4 when you come in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

thanks for the help with the directions :) im getting the bus up tomorrow to do a trial run, to make sure im not late... I dont trust bus eireann with anything!

I'd say keep an eye on the bus timetables towards the end of the week when its supposed to get very very snowy and icy again. Glad Irish Rail kept running fine last time the snow hit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lou45

Anyone know what time the halls open at in the morning?

Conor108 wrote: »
    I'd say keep an eye on the bus timetables towards the end of the week when its supposed to get very very snowy and icy again. Glad Irish Rail kept running fine last time the snow hit.
    I forgot about that! :( My first exam is on friday - its meant to snow again on Thursday night! Times like these that I wish I made some good friends that live on campus :(

Actually - what happens if you cant make it due to weather? Anyone know?

muffinz wrote: »

Yeah I'm really hoping this happens wondering what will happen if the weather forecast comes true? Has anybody heard anything?

I forgot about that! :( My first exam is on friday - its meant to snow again on Thursday night! Times like these that I wish I made some good friends that live on campus :(

Tough shít :P Nah, email your tutor or the module co-ordinator and let them know you might have difficulties getting to Dublin if the weather turns again.

I think one year they had to postpone exams due to snow. If you're mega stuck get a taxi I guess. It might be expensive but will be cheaper than repeating a module.

From reading the weather forum though, weather geeks seem to think it'll be SNOWMAGEDDON

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I think one year they had to postpone exams due to snow. If you're mega stuck get a taxi I guess. It might be expensive but will be cheaper than repeating a module.

From reading the weather forum though, weather geeks seem to think it'll be SNOWMAGEDDON

Oh please god no. I can't take another round of snow hell.

In one way I'd love any excuse to stay in bed, but this exam is worth 40%... so Ill be trudging there one way or another, even if I have to force a family member up at 6am!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Lou45 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the halls open at in the morning?

Well the first exam is at 9, and the gates/doors (?) open about 15/20 mins before the exam starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Lou45

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Well the first exam is at 9, and the gates/doors (?) open about 15/20 mins before the exam starts.
    so no chance of the RDS hall doors being open before 8??

Stall it over to the Four Seasons and lurk in the lobby studying if you're stuck:D

Oh, well the big foyer outside the exam hall is probably open before 8.40, but at what time I'm not sure. Sorry :)

So heres what MT Cranium on the weather forum predicts in terms of snowfall in Dublin/Wicklow.

Thursday 1cm
    Friday 2cm
    Saturday 5cm
    Sunday 10cm
    Monday 15cm WOW

So heres what MT Cranium on the weather forum predicts in terms of snowfall in Dublin/Wicklow.

Thursday 1cm
    Friday 2cm
    Saturday 5cm
    Sunday 10cm
    Monday 15cm WOW

If there's no thaw during the day that could cause some problems for public transport... really hope it doesn't affect the exams. We've gotten so close to finishing, would hate to have them carry on till after christmas.

Just want to be done with them :D

really hope it doesn't affect the exams. We've gotten so close to finishing, would hate to have them carry on till after christmas.

Yeah it'd be painful to do them after Christmas. I just feel wrecked now though and finding it hard to motivate myself for the last push.

Yeah it'd be painful to do them after Christmas. I just feel wrecked now though and finding it hard to motivate myself for the last push.

I'm the same, just had an exam from 6 - 8 and it was roasting, so hard to stay awake!

But we're almost there; christmas and the holidays will feel some much better if you push through it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

After starting the exams today, I can safely say I will be gutted if they get postponed til after xmas due to the snow. Please don't snow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

I will cry horribly if it snows again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

The annoying thing is, if it snows again i'll be snowed in before i'm snowed out of the RDS

Bah

I know it's a bit early but does anyone know when the semester 2 exams are scheduled for?

I know it's a bit early but does anyone know when the semester 2 exams are scheduled for?

Now that's dedication :)

3rd - 14th of May

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/academicsecretariat/term_dates_2010-11.pdf

Hardly, I just wanted to check they didn't coincide with the Kildare 1/2 marathon on the 15th :P. Thanks!

That's a nice way to blow off the cobwebs from being stuck in a library for weeks on end.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

First one tomorrow...then thurs, fri, mon & tues...i hate them being so late!!

i only started studying yesterday for an exam on friday... safe to say im ****ed :D think the LC killed my study cells

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

How much snow and cold will it take for them to postpone the exams though?

Advertisement