Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exams

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

It'll all depend on transport. If Dublin Bus buckles again and hundreds of people can't make it to their exams, they're gonna have to postpone them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I see. Living in the mountains sucks, could end not being able to make it into the exams if it gets too bad (here).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

misslt wrote: »
    First one tomorrow...then thurs, fri, mon & tues...i hate them being so late!!

Im not finished until next Wednesday - and I started last Saturday. Talk about this all being a drag.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Im not finished until next Wednesday - and I started last Saturday. Talk about this all being a drag.

I'm in the same boat. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Yea mine are going on til Tuesday. At least there is time to "study" (*go on boards*)

• Advertisement

Yea mine are going on til Tuesday. At least there is time to "study" (*go on boards*)
    That is if the exams aren't postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    That is if the exams aren't postponed.
    Don't put the mockers on it. Would hate to have to do an exam after Christmas. Just want to get them out of the way on Wednesday and enjoy the rest of the Christmas.

CrazyFish wrote: »
    Don't put the mockers on it. Would hate to have to do an exam after Christmas. Just want to get them out of the way on Wednesday and enjoy the rest of the Christmas.
    I wouldn't mind if it ment I could rely on the buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

muffinz wrote: »
    how do we know what hall to go to for each exam?:confused:

Ok so, my bus goes through the city centre and then out to UCD. It passes by the Dublin Bus building with all the buses, at the crossroads. Where do I go from here to get to the RDS?

Or get the 4 or the 7 from the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I see. Living in the mountains sucks, could end not being able to make it into the exams if it gets too bad (here).
    Well, it is University College Dublin, not University College Glendalough. There is the Extenuating Circumstances process for such cases - but there can be up to 10,000 exam sittings each day, so how would you expect special treatment?

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

bnt wrote: »
    Well, it is University College Dublin, not University College Glendalough. There is the Extenuating Circumstances process for such cases - but there can be up to 10,000 exam sittings each day, so how would you expect special treatment?

Where did i say i expected special treatment pray tell? I was asking how much snow it would take in dublin to postpone the exams, not as you implied glendalough.

It's not special treatment it's equal treatment. The exams should be rescheduled untill the weather clears and everyone can make it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

You are Alan Hunter and i claim my five pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Anyone know how accounting exams are marked in terms of method / actual answer? If there's 10 points for a question and you have the right method but get one figure wrong, are you getting the majority of the marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

valor wrote: »
    Anyone know how accounting exams are marked in terms of method / actual answer? If there's 10 points for a question and you have the right method but get one figure wrong, are you getting the majority of the marks?

Yep, the money is in the method

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Finito!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It's up to individual examiners, of course, but in general they'll give credit for the method, and a slip of the calculator isn't a disaster. Sometimes the result of one question carries forward in to another, but (if you ask me) that's bad exam design. :cool:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

FINISHED :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

In Accounting answers can very often carry into the next part of a question (not bad design, just the nature of accounting) but I think the norm is to penalise you once for the mistake and not to penalise you for another wrong figure that is wrong because of the already penalised figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Lucet

Hey guys, when are you filling the extenuating circumstances form (got sick during the exams AGAIN this winter), do I have to write the exams missed in the box where it says "details of assessments missed"? Or is it just for the exams and mcq's during the teaching term?

• Advertisement
Advertisement