Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acquiring network address?

Options
  • 04-12-2010 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got a netbook today and when I go to connect the wireless it connects alright but it fails to get a network address. The os is XP and I'm on Vodafone.

I have another laptop and iphone that work fine.

Any tips would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

PCros wrote: »
    Hi,

I got a netbook today and when I go to connect the wireless it connects alright but it fails to get a network address. The os is XP and I'm on Vodafone.

I have another laptop and iphone that work fine.

Any tips would be great.

Remove the networ from the prefered networks list and reconnect using your wireless pass. You should be able to connect up again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kimellise

Hi. I have the exact same problem and tried your solution but it still doesn't work, could anybody help me please? I've been at this for hours and it is driving me crazy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Not a Broadband issue. Thread moved to Wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Remove the WLAN network in network settings, and also reboot the router in case the DHCP pool is used up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

Check services.msc should be a service for DHCP maybe its stopped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement