Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NAS Paramedic course 8

• 04-12-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi if anyone here is a current trainee on the NAS paramedic course 8 can you possibly pm me as I would like to ask a question. ( I am on paramedic course 9 in ballinasloe)

Kind Regards

Colin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭k_d

cant pm you cause you have just joined.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 colinjp

thanks for the reply guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Griffindore

Hi Guys
    I have my interview for the final stage of the selection process for 2010 fot the paramedics with the HSE. Has anyone got any last minute tips for me heading into the dragon's den PLEASE? All tips will be put to exceptionaly good use. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

Hi Guys
    I have my interview for the final stage of the selection process for 2010 fot the paramedics with the HSE. Has anyone got any last minute tips for me heading into the dragon's den PLEASE? All tips will be put to exceptionaly good use. Thanks

Hi Griffindore
    Know your application form inside out. Your examples of teamwork, working on your own, decision making ect.... DON'T LIE
    Whats involved in the training programme eg college, placement, case studies, portfoilo...
    Know abit about PHECC......
    Be yourself and at ease

Best of luck let us know how you get on

Thanks a lot for the advice. The head is stuck into books and pages of info on the various possible topics. But just confirming I'm on the right track is good. Nervous as hell and it's still a couple of days away. But it's one chance to give it my all. Cheers and I'll let you know how it goes. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Hi Guys

Definitely pay a visit to an ambulance station and find out all about the runnings of it, number of vehicles etc.
    What part of the country are you in?

Hi Guys
    The interview is now over and I can breathe. I think I could have done better but I hope that I got across my passion to be a paramedic. The prder of merit will be out next week so not long to wait to know exactly how well I did. Thanks for the advice guys and hopefully I'll see you in the line of duty some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 speedy88

Hi guys

I recently received my order of merit from latest round of recruiting and am keen to know if there is anybody here knows how many peolple are still left on the 2009 panel. I am in the top 20 and am keen to know will i be in the first class of 2011.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Chervill

Hi speedy88, I am in the same boat. im in the top 30's and was wondering when training may take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭emer tech

speedy88 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I recently received my order of merit from latest round of recruiting and am keen to know if there is anybody here knows how many peolple are still left on the 2009 panel. I am in the top 20 and am keen to know will i be in the first class of 2011.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi all,
    Don t think you ll get an answer to that question, as no body is really sure ..... hard to know, how many left on the panel will go and get the new requirments.

Normally there are 24 in a class

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 fire emt

I don't know for sure but this is my best guess.
    Of the 2009 panel there were about 100.
    The 1st class took 24 - Trained in Ballinasloe.
    The 2nd class I'm told also took 24 - Trained in Dublin.
    The 3rd class was a small one, I'm told about 16 - Trained in Ballinasloe
    That leaves 36, of that 36 I am one of them that didn't meet the new Leaving Cert requirements, we have until the 31st of August 2011 to get up to the new requirements in order to take our place. Of that 36 a number of us are studying like mad, but others will not bother or will have drifted away into the sunset.
    So, I do not think the remainder of our panel will have any effect on the first class of the new panel, but when it comes to the second class that may be a different matter.
    What can I say ..... welcome to the jungle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 medicfar

hi fire emt

are you do leaving cert

medicfar wrote: »
    hi fire emt

are you do leaving cert

I am doing the leaving cert, after 22 years its great fun :(, but what harm, I'm happier doing it now than becoming a Para and then having to do it to become an A.P.

Besides, anything that you can do to forward yourself is a good thing in this present climate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭murf313

fire emt wrote: »
    I am doing the leaving cert, after 22 years its great fun :(, but what harm, I'm happier doing it now than becoming a Para and then having to do it to become an A.P.

Besides, anything that you can do to forward yourself is a good thing in this present climate.

I don't think you need a leaving cert for the AP course??
    Anyway I would imagine the diploma from the paramedic course would cover any academic requirements needed for the course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

Correct, not needed at the moment but it is expected at some stage that future AP selection criteria would require the LC, as well as DipEMS/EMT plus 3 years post-grad experience (inclusive of internship).

medicfar wrote: »
    hi fire emt

are you do leaving cert

medicfar ...... tell me I'm not dreaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 medicfar

fire emt wrote: »
    medicfar ...... tell me I'm not dreaming?
    fire emt do you think we do the emt course still

Yes

Advertisement