Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual studio 2008 + 2010 & XNA 3 + 4

Options
  • 05-12-2010 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I am wondering if it is possible to have visual studio 2008 and 2010 installed and also XNA 3.0 and 4.0 . ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

2008 and 2010 = No problem at all
    XNA 3 and 4 = Not sure. Probably though, you should just see different project types for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

I will give it a go anyway.

I went to uninstall vs 2010 to 'properly' install vs 2008 - Its a pain to uninstall :mad:

I am trying to open a project made with Xna 3.0 and vs 2008 but an error keeps coming up saying: The project location is not trusted.

Any ideas??? These microsoft products are very frustrating...

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

The "trusted" thing happens for projects not created by your copy of Visual Studio. It's a security thing but I dunno how to turn it off, I just "yes" my way through that stuff.

You're not wrong about trying to uninstall VS products. A total mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

fasty wrote: »
    The "trusted" thing happens for projects not created by your copy of Visual Studio. It's a security thing but I dunno how to turn it off, I just "yes" my way through that stuff.

Is there a way to make it trust other projects? It blocks all the file from being compiled.

Advertisement