Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen Gear(@Bull Island)

• 05-12-2010 1:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Email send through via the Drogheda Cam Club today. Any info - PM me.

From the email:
    Hi all
    a warning to birders visiting the North Bull Island in Dublin. I left my car for no more than 10 mins on the Causeway on the North Bull this afternoon to return to a 'locked car' but with all my stuff robbed from it. The stuff was out of sight in the boot but I was obviously being watched. Stolen was a Canon 50D body (with some nice Twite shots on it!!), a Canon 500mm F4 lens, Canon 300 F4 lens, 1.4x converter, Canon 25-80mm wide angle zoom, Leica 32x wide angle eye piece. So two things...firstly, watch yourself on the Bull...these guys are real professionals

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's scary to think that there's a lot of cars being targeted purely for gear. Definitely the worst feeling ever to have anything stolen but the best we can do is look out for the items popping up in the usual places, Adverts, Ebay, Gumtree etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Scamp-

I reckon Cork_girl, Kintarō Hattori, pixbyjohn did it. Why else would they 'like' a horrible post like that.

I'd say they're in a gang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I consider thanking the OP to be like signing a commiseration card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

sorry to hear about your gear getting nicked - that makes 3 photographers stuff stolen that I heard of in the last week.

Hopefully you have insurance !!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

You should send the serial numbers to the camera shops around town on the off chance that someone might bring it in to them to try and sell it for cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Scamp- wrote: »
    I reckon Cork_girl, Kintarō Hattori, pixbyjohn did it. Why else would they 'like' a horrible post like that.

I'd say they're in a gang.

:eek:

Ah it's really good to know that these things are happning - I'd always be careful when leaving stuff in a car - but people are watching these spots and know well the value of what people are leavng inside. It's good to be aware of it - I know that around Glendalough is infamous for it. It's disgusting :(

Advertisement