Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DC power jack??

• 05-12-2010 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭

the slot where my charger goes in my laptop has broken, it literally isn't there anymore, I have googled it and I think its the DC power jack, I havent got a warranty on my laptop but I need to get it fixed ASAP, where would fix it and how much does this cost ??

I live in Dublin 22

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

make / model ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Toshiba laptop

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

some of the newer Tosh's have the power socket on a lead so it's not on the motherboard so it might be fixable without soldering , glue it back if the plastic is damaged

most other laptops have the connector soldered on the motherboard, in which case you have to acquire the right connector and solder it back on, which is a messy job since you have to get at the back of the motherboard :(

which model - look for assembly / disassembly diagrams on the interweb to see which type you have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

c.€100 for a DC socket replacement, it involves quite a bit of stripping if it is the motherboard attached kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

First of all apologies for bringing up an old thread but I seem to have the same problem. Does anyone know how much it would cost for a dell inspiron 1545? Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement