Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UL Library

Options
  • 05-12-2010 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Quick question lads, im looking for a few hours quiet study time. Can I use the library of im not a student in UL?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Yes you can [you just wont be able to take out books] but tbh it wont be quiet in there while its study week...in fact its rarely a quiet place to study!

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Mossin wrote: »
    Yes you can [you just wont be able to take out books] but tbh it wont be quiet in there while its study week...in fact its rarely a quiet place to study!

Thanks for that, when is study week btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

Soulcrew09 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, when is study week btw?

last week was study week this week and next week are exam weeks so it will be fairly wedged for the next 2 weeks any way i be leave it is open during the brake for post grads though except for the the few days around Christmas that everyone goes home for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Cpt_Blackbeard

I'd say that you are better off staying away from the library for a bit, just because spaces are so hard to get. The Granery in town is a grand place to study, even if it can be a little too warm.

I find that quietness can be as distracting as noise and conversations, it only causes my (lack of) imagination to wander. I find noise generators actually extremely useful, especially http://www.simplynoise.com/. I'm able to concentrate pretty much anywhere because it just drowns out distractions and helps keep me focused.

I found it before the LC last year and was skeptical but it works a treat, BrownNoise is the only good one imo. (and no, it doesn't make you sh*t yourself :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Soulcrew09

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement