Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone notice an increase in asking prices?

Options
  • 05-12-2010 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've been watching the asking prices for homes in my area (north Cork) since early this year and there was a noticable reduction in asking prices locally in the early summer, and again in august/ september.
    But in the last week there has been an increase in asking prices back to levels of earlier this year on several properties with a few local agents.
    The asking prices are ones listed on the agents site or daft, has anyone else noticed such a trend elsewhere?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Asking prices are pretty meaningless at the moment, even more so than they were over the last 3 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Give us examples from Daft and the property bee toolbar will show us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Try collapso.net. It'll show the trends for your area. Prices are still sinking where I am at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Cheapo

Thats strange that this tread has come up as the two bed apartments for this development were been advertised recently for 99K and are now back to 125K...very strange indeed....if this is an overall trend, do i sense some collusion taking place among the vested interests within the property industry... Or else the other explanation is that the market is improving ...which i think is impossible....are the estate agents trying to artificially inflate the market (again)

http://www.daft.ie/searchnew_development.daft?id=22

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Presume it's people factoring in the discounts that they'll get when people are making offers.
    e.g. - a house is asking 125K, people will knock off 20% of the asking price.

Could be wrong, but its as good a theory as any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Jack up the price so you can say it's been reduced by x, age old practice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Unemployment going up, taxes going up, incomes going down - they can ask anything they like, but they are deluded if they think that rents/prices paid are going up.

Advertisement