Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashiest Irish ball carrier in the Superleague

Options
  • 05-12-2010 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

Anyone here who follows the Superleague here in Ireland got an opinion on who the flashiest homegrown ball carrier or point guard is at the moment? I haven't been to a game in a long time and would like to know who to watch out for other than the Americans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

ugh theres no flashy guys really at all. i like summers pt skills but they rarely play him. he lives in galway but they bring in a 2nd american so he is benched alot.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Now you should know that Irish coaches do not like flashiness! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

Da GOAT wrote: »
    ugh theres no flashy guys really at all. i like summers pt skills but they rarely play him. he lives in galway but they bring in a 2nd american so he is benched alot.

Cheers. Does he play for Moycullen? There was a guy for Killester that used to be fairly neat - think his name was Isaac or something. I think his dad was American.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

yeah thats isacc westbrook he's back this year he was over playing in england for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Flashiness, for the sake of it, is destructive to a team and is nothing anyone who wants to be a good player should be aiming for.
    It's great to be as skilful as you possibly can; but only if you use that skill judiciously and productively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

ascanbe wrote: »
    Flashiness, for the sake of it, is destructive to a team and is nothing anyone who wants to be a good player should be aiming for.
    It's great to be as skilful as you possibly can; but only if you use that skill judiciously and productively.

Meh, perhaps. But as a spectator this is the kind of thing I want to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovivwr4-RU0

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

ascanbe wrote: »

Coach ascanbe in the house!!!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

cfitz wrote: »
    Meh, perhaps. But as a spectator this is the kind of thing I want to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovivwr4-RU0

Watching the Irish league will leave you very disappointed so.

Advertisement