Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting MiniDV tapes without a camcorder - possible?

Options
  • 05-12-2010 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Basically, my mini-DV camcorder (bought in 2003) broke years ago - I still have it but a spring in the door broke so it doesn't open and a tape is stuck in it - so I can't watch any mini DV tapes I took before then.

I have about 20 tapes that I'd really like to watch - mainly family stuff (birthdays, communions, weddings etc) that's kinda sentimental. Does anyone know if there's a way of converting them without using the camcorder??? The only converters I found were €1500, well beyond my budget...

On failing that... does anywhere still mend broken mini DV camcorders?

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

If you're anywhere near Cork I can give you a loan of mine, I'll be home for Christmas in 2 weeks. I'm not 100% sure it still works though. If not I'm sure someone will have one. No need for th €1500 converter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Nowhere near Cork I'm afraid, but thanks so much for the offer! :)

I've emailed round my friends, hope someone can dig one out of their attic.

Advertisement