Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting Presents Home for Christmas

Options
  • 05-12-2010 3:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just getting a small parcel together to send home, prob around 10kg so nothing massive. Just wondering if anyone knows any cheaper alternatives to Australia Post?

We posted a few things before and it seemed as if Australia Post is crazy expensive especially when we see how much things cost getting posted for Ireland to here.

Any help would be great!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Not sure but i sent home a small package with AP and i paid seventy dollars. Got some shock :( would be interested in finding cheaper ways of sending stuff home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I paid 50 bucks to post a small 1kg box yesterday .....its very severe

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

Zambia232 wrote: »

We received a 2kg package yeaterday form Ireland and the postage was about €7......some difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Zambia232 wrote: »

I think there was a mistake

Up to 20 Kgs airmail to Ireland is $35.20

http://auspost.com.au/apps/international-parcel.html

Mistake was probably mine in the telling ,it also depends on the size its a 50cm by 25cm rectangle box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

On the subject, do the post offices provide packaging for goods?. Took a wander around Syd today and couldn't find any jiffy bag type packaging or maybe a small box something slightly bigger than a jiffy bag?.

Anyone know where is good to get packaging? :confused:

The post office should have a range of small to meduim box's fit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭cormaclynch

old_aussie wrote: »
    I think there was a mistake

Up to 20 Kgs airmail to Ireland is $35.20

http://auspost.com.au/apps/international-parcel.html

19.5-20 Kg airmail to Ireland is $425.20
    9.5-10Kg airmail to Ireland is $226.20
    4.5-5Kg airmail to Ireland is $126.70
    750g-Kg airmail to Ireland is $35.20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Whenever I post a parcel with AusPost I ask them the price for Seamail and Airmail
    I always say seamail, and 4/4 times so far the post office guy put an Airmail sticker on it ;)

Usually as I make a sad face and say very expensive for airmail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Just as a heads up, when I was posting a few things home last year with Aus Post by airmail, I was always asked for my passport*.

*On a WHV with no permanent address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Yeah i was asked for id when posting my stuff. Didn't want to risk sea mail even though it was half the price. Does it really take two or three months by sea or were they scaring me into air mail

Advertisement