Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone sellin falcon JTag?

• 05-12-2010 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Friend needs a cheap falcon jtag, can be console only dont mind. thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

You can get one in Tesco ClareHall (Malahide Road) for €149.99. Ask for Lips box. If they'll say that they don't have one just tell them to check on the back. If there is no Lips packages left get the Uno/pacman box. Same price.

When you get the console find the nearest modder in the Modders sticky and he will sort you out.

Cheapest and quickest way.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

@docentore

thanks a lot for the recommendation, appreciate it.

can you specify which lips one to get from this link?
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Product/Lips
    just the original lips or the new ones too?

also is there anything we should look out for on the outside of the packaging? (manufacturer dates etc) just in case.

and lastly before we jtag our brand new shiny box, do you recommend applying any mods or fixes to the box to prolong its lifespan before usage? (minimise RROD pre-emptive measures) Should I hybrid xtreme xclamp fix it and or oven or BGA reflow it.

many thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

docentore was talking about the xbox lips bundle or the Pac Man bundle. You can view the manufacturing date of the console through a flap in the box, you're looking for a date before June 18th 2009 - that's all you need to look out for.

I know docentore removes the x-clamps and uses washers/screws as the replacement on his boxes, I've not found it necessary on any of the ones I JTAG but then again I do have falcon models. It's going a bit overboard to do a BGA reflow on a perfectly functioning board IMO, you might break something and brick the board. I'm definitely reactive with JTAGs. I do run them at faster fan speeds though, 70% of max at all times.

Advertisement