Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Best Player In The World

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Cesc Fabregas
    Nani, again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Gonzalo Higuain
    Messi had a good world cup,its just Argentina didn't.

Argentina didn't have a bad world cup. They got to the quarter finals playing good football but lost to a great Germany side on the day.

Messi is good at Barcelona no doubt, but why did you say he had a good world cup? He didn't score in a game and was invincible a lot of the time in some games. He was never at his very best though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Cesc Fabregas
    CorkMan wrote: »
    Argentina didn't have a bad world cup. They got to the quarter finals playing good football but lost to a great Germany side on the day.

Messi is good at Barcelona no doubt, but why did you say he had a good world cup? He didn't score in a game and was invincible a lot of the time in some games. He was never at his very best though.

Well if he is invincible and not at his very best then he must good. I'd give him my vote if I had of known that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Emile Heskey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Le King wrote: »
    Well if he is invincible and not at his very best then he must good. I'd give him my vote if I had of known that.

lol :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Cesc Fabregas
    flahavaj wrote: »
    No John O' Shea option = Thread Fail tbh.

Treasure him while you can people, he can't keep at this standard forever you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Gonzalo Higuain
    I think the best big game player in the world is Iniesta. I think he wins you tight champions league semi finals.

I think the best player in the world for winning the league is Ronaldo. He will ensure that you win leagues with the sheer volume of important goals and non-important goals you score.

I think Messi is the player who comes closest to Ronaldo and Iniesta in their respective categories, but is just below both of them in those categories.

I think anyone who is seriously voting for Nani, Rooney, Torres or Bale needs their heads checked, for me, I can see anyones posiiton arguing for Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta or Xavi, maybe even Vidic/Carvalho/Pique if you like defenders, but those other choices are just silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

PHB wrote: »
    I think anyone who is seriously voting for Nani, Rooney, Torres or Bale needs their heads checked, for me, I can see anyones posiiton arguing for Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta or Xavi, maybe even Vidic/Carvalho/Pique if you like defenders, but those other choices are just silly.

I reckon if Rooney, Torres or Bale played for either Real or Barca they'd be getting some serious votes in this. It's weird, now if you play in the Premiership you can't be one of the worlds best players :confused:

Still, Leo Messi is a class act and is the best player in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

What is the point in these stupid threads with polls

Seems to be one appearing every day, they are pointless! My dog even knows that messi is the best player in the world, and why is under god is vidic / bale / nani ect even to be considered in the poll...

Pointless thread is pointless!!!! :confused:

Edit: and someone voted for rooney LMFAO!!!!!!!

hate these threads, but I was happy to see a defensive player on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,511 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Cristiano Ronaldo
    M5 wrote: »
    Who the well voted for Zlatan Ibrahimovic :eek:

must be a joke:), good one!

No he's an Ibra fanboi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Cristiano Ronaldo
    fullstop wrote: »
    No he's an Ibra fanboi.

At least you could possibly make a tenuous argument for Ibra, there's no excuse for Nani whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Gonzalo Higuain
    heavyballs wrote: »
    did you watch the match between Barce and Real last week?
    and Messi's not at all injury prone,if he's more injury prone than Ronaldo you're really splipping hairs
    that game where Messi had a constant supply of the ball and Barca were at home and Real were tactically poor set up? Messi did well yes but so would Ronaldo if put in the same situation IMO and I don't use one game to change my opinion on a player.

Gonzalo Higuain
    karma_ wrote: »
    At least you could possibly make a tenuous argument for Ibra, there's no excuse for Nani whatsoever.
    best player at the best team in the Premier League so far this season. There you go. Why Nani btw? Why not go for Bale, Benzema, Gerrard or any of the other no hopers in the pole? If I didn't know you better I'd say that you were biased against Manchester United but we both know that's not the case :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Liam O wrote: »
    best player at the best team in the Premier League so far this season. There you go. Why Nani btw? Why not go for Bale, Benzema, Gerrard or any of the other no hopers in the pole? If I didn't know you better I'd say that you were biased against Manchester United but we both know that's not the case :rolleyes:

Listen, if you need me to explain to you why a vote for Nani is embarassing, not to mention those other 'no hopers' in a poll that includes Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldo & Messi, then I honestly don't know what to say about you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wesley Sneijder

Because Bale is better than Nani..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Messi right now.

Whenever Jose wins the CL with Real (probably next season) then people will be saying Ronaldo. The two of them are very closely matched and ahead of everybody else, including Iniesta and Xavi imo.
    karma_ wrote: »
    Listen, if you need me to explain to you why a vote for Nani is embarassing, not to mention those other 'no hopers' in a poll that includes Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldo & Messi, then I honestly don't know what to say about you.
    You are missing the point. Intentionally.

Gonzalo Higuain
    Kold wrote: »
    Because Bale is better than Nani..
    right. Except he's not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Lol at Vidic on the list. Lucio and Pique are the outstanding defenders in that position at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Cristiano Ronaldo

Since when did Nani play for Arsenal? You mean Nasri?

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Mister men wrote: »
    Lol at Vidic on the list. Lucio and Pique are the outstanding defenders in that position at present.

lol at loling at Vidic. Are you seriously saying that Vidic is not one of the best central defenders in the world right now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wesley Sneijder
    right. Except he's not.

Because Nani can track back...

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Kold wrote: »
    Because Nani can track back...

ha you fell for the clichéd and wrong criticism of Nani. I've got plenty of time for criticising the flaws in Nani's game, tracking back is not one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Andres Iniesta

Samuel is better than Lucio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Cristiano Ronaldo

Great player that he is, Pique isn't even the best defender on his team.

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Pro. F wrote: »
    lol at loling at Vidic. Are you seriously saying that Vidic is not one of the best central defenders in the world right now?
    Yes he'd be in the top ten but the only central defender on the list, like i said lol. Still premiership bias is high on the list anyway so i guess it's par for the course.

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Yes he'd be in the top ten but the only central defender on the list, like i said lol. Still premiership bias is high on the list anyway so i guess it's par for the course.

Top 10 me hole. Vidic is easily top 3 in the world.

Premiership bias in the poll options. Exotic Leagues Bias (tm) in your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Andres Iniesta

Vidic destroys the two of them, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Messi is the best player in the world in my opinion. He is pure class, consistently. I think I heard earlier that he has a ratio of a goal a game for the last 70 games for Barcelona. If that's true, that is outstanding.

Why is Buffon there? He isn't the best 'keeper in the world at the moment. He hasn't been for a good few years.

Cristiano Ronaldo
    baz2009 wrote: »
    Vidic rapes the two of them, tbh.
    Horrible term tbh. I disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Nemanja Vidic
    Messi is the best player in the world in my opinion. He is pure class, consistently. I think I heard earlier that he has a ratio of a goal a game for the last 70 games for Barcelona. If that's true, that is outstanding.

Why is Buffon there? He isn't the best 'keeper in the world at the moment. He hasn't been for a good few years.

I voted for him, but I would prefer to vote for Victor Valdes, but he's not there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Andres Iniesta
    baz2009 wrote: »
    Vidic destroys the two of them, tbh.

Graham, is that you? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Gonzalo Higuain
    The best keeper in the world isn't now as straight forward as it used to be. It was always between Kahn, Buffon and Casillas. But now Casillas is more mistake prone than usual, Buffon also. Reina has grown into a great keeper but also mistakes are more apparent now. VDS is good but not the best. Perhaps Victor Valdes now, but he has no pressure on him knowing no matter how many he concedes, Messi and Co. will more than compensate in almost every game!:D

Gonzalo Higuain
    I voted for Ronaldo but can I change to Wesley Sneijder please? Just shows by the fact he has 0 votes just how insane the Barcelona circle jerk has gotten...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭peabutler

Andres Iniesta
    I hope and pray that the 5 votes for Gareth Bale are light-Hearted fun. I really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Andres Iniesta
    I voted for Ronaldo but can I change to Wesley Sneijder please? Just shows by the fact he has 0 votes just how insanely good Barcelona are

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Cristiano Ronaldo
    peabutler wrote: »
    I hope and pray that the 5 votes for Gareth Bale are light-Hearted fun. I really do.

Or Sam Allerdyce using multiple accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Football is all about opinions but the answer is Messi.
    He should have 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ill start by asking people who refer to Messis goal to game ratio and jerk it, do you know what Ronaldos is? in the same period if you would like to do game for game comparisons

Anyway, I am the best player in the world and as such, voted for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

David Villa
    Top 10 me hole. Vidic is easily top 3 in the world.

Premiership bias in the poll options. Exotic Leagues Bias (tm) in your post.

Ummmm, there is 11 Premier League Players in the poll and 9 La Liga Players.

Hardly biased.:confused:

You could argue bias towards other leagues, but the simple fact is that the top players in the world generally reside in those two countries.

• Advertisement

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Degag wrote: »
    Ummmm, there is 11 Premier League Players in the poll and 9 La Liga Players.

Hardly biased.:confused:

You could argue bias towards other leagues, but the simple fact is that the top players in the world generally reside in those two countries.

In my case I was talking about the only centre back in the pole being from the PL. And I was only even referring to it because the other poster was talking nonsense about Vidic not deserving to be there.

Personally, I see no point in criticising this poll. Polls are never perfect. What's even worse are the posters who use a supposed criticism of the poll to try and dismiss the quality of United / PL players who do actually deserve to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Wesley Sneijder
    peabutler wrote: »

Mine was anyway! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

David Villa
    In my case I was talking about the only centre back in the pole being from the PL. And I was only even referring to it because the other poster was talking nonsense about Vidic not deserving to be there.

Personally, I see no point in criticising this poll. Polls are never perfect. What's even worse are the posters who use a supposed criticism of the poll to try and dismiss the quality of United / PL players who do actually deserve to be there.
    Yes, a poll like this will never be perfect - even there i just thought of players i left out - Robben and Ribery as an example should definately be on any poll - But with a maximum of 25 options it's impossible to include everyone.

Plus, i was half pissed making the list so i don't think i did so bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Cristiano Ronaldo
    messi is the best out there and will make it to the best ever.
    For fcuk sake what is nani doing on that list ahead of paul mc shane?? that's a disgrace........

Advertisement