Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outside Christmas lights

• 05-12-2010 3:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

We've never had lights outside before but this year we got a load from friends. So,heres my question..how do we get power to them? I mean do we have to leave a window open for an extension lead? Drill a hole? letter box? I'm not really relishing the thoughts of leaving a window open. Sorry if this sounds a silly question. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

any of the above you mentioned, or garage plug, shed socket etc. I fitted a waterproof double socket outside because we have a tumble drier in the shed and always had to leave the lead through an open window but its too cold for that now so the outside socket got fitted on the other side of a plug socket from the kitchen so drilled a hole straight through, no wires on show etc. handy socket for power washer, lawn mower and I guess xmas lights :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

It just depends on how much of a permanent fixture you want an outside plug to be, how handy you are and the proximity of the nearest socket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Thanks for the replies. We got it sorted (well he who knows an eletrician did ;))

Lights flickering away now :D

Advertisement