Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining your LTRH from your 10k race

Options
  • 05-12-2010 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭

Read recently that one can obtain their Lactate Threshold Heart Rate from their 10k run. Basically it's your ave HR for the last 30min of the run. Any merit in this anybody?

I would love this to be true so as I could avoid an hour of 'all out effort' to gauge my LTHR. I already plan this for the bike-to gauge FTP and LTHR for the bike as they differ.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Read recently that one can obtain their Lactate Threshold Heart Rate from their 10k run. Basically it's your ave HR for the last 30min of the run. Any merit in this anybody?

I would love this to be true so as I could avoid an hour of 'all out effort' to gauge my LTHR. I already plan this for the bike-to gauge FTP and LTHR for the bike as they differ.

Are you referring to this article by Joe Friel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭El Director

Are you referring to this article by Joe Friel?

O that is perfect, just what I wanted. It wasn't the article I was referring to (it was just one sentence in tri220!) I do keep an eye on his blog so I would eventually have stumbled upon it. Thanks TFB.

Advertisement