Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOST & DESPERATELY MISSED

• 05-12-2010 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Our small with male dog with a baby blue collar went missing last night 04.12.10 from outside the Euro Spar at the Ballyowen Shops in Lucan at approx 5pm.

He is a much loved family member & we are desperately missing him.

Can anyone with any information please contact 0879644118

Reward for Safe Return Offered

Anyone with any suggestions on what else we can do to help locate him would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

He is a cutie. Hope he wasn't stolen to order for a Christmas Present :mad:

Hope you get him back.

Was he chipped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Lydser05

No, he wasn't chipped.

I really hope he just wandered off & someone took him in for the night.

He is loved & missed & we really want him home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm from Lucan, I'll keep a lookout for him. I'll check around my estates/down the river. What's his name?

Have you checked the Garda station?

Have left messages in both Lucan & ronanstown Garda stations

Hopefully we will get some news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Be sure and let us know if you get him back.Alot of people here will be keeping an eye out for him.
    Good luck

• Advertisement

I will of course.

We have gotten some good CCTV footage of the girl we think may have taken him, unfortunately they couldn't pick up on the car reg.

Hopefully she is know to the Gardai and we will have our baby boy home soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Lydser05 wrote: »
    I will of course.

We have gotten some good CCTV footage of the girl we think may have taken him, unfortunately they couldn't pick up on the car reg.

Hopefully she is know to the Gardai and we will have our baby boy home soon.

Hate to say it to you but don't expect the gardai to do much, they tend not to take stolen/lost dogs too seriously, all I can say is keep putting pressure on them to do something.

If you do believe he was stolen the best thing you can do is make him too hot to handle. Get on to the papers and get his photo and story into them, get on the radio, put posters up everywhere and put him onto every pet website you can think of, set up a facebook page and twitter account for him. Don't narrow your search down to dublin or indeed Ireland, unfortunately a lot of stolen dogs can end up in England. :(

Good luck and hope you get him back, hopefully it was just a well meaning person who took him home believing he was lost.

Edited: I don't know the legality of it but if you get a still picture of the girl taking him you could put that alongside the photo of your dog, someone might recognize her. I know here on boards (cycling forum I think) when a bike was stolen a picture of the man taking it from cctv was posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

you let that beautiful dog on a doorway of a shop by itself, there is no way i would leave my jrt on its own in public even for a minuit, i lock my car when they are with me, so that no one can open door and take one of them, that lad would be well sought after

a small bit of advice, that dog could be for the christmas market, watch out for markets around the country, is there a place on here about markets, that you could ask for help from members to keep an eye out for him

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

goat2 wrote: »
    you let that beautiful dog on a doorway of a shop by itself, there is no way i would leave my jrt on its own in public even for a minuit, i lock my car when they are with me, so that no one can open door and take one of them, that lad would be well sought after

I'm sure the OP feels bad enough without you lecturing then. I'm sure you've made a split second decision before thats had some consequences!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FleurBelle

Keep on at the guards, especially if you suspect someone took him and have CCTV footage.

I know it's awful to be without your loved pet :( Fingers crossed he will turn up for you.

Let us know what happens. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Do keep on at the guards and keep in touch with the local dog warden and pound. Also, get in touch with the papers and radio stations. If someone has your dog and does not know how to contact you or does not want to contact you directly, if you keep in touch with the dog pound they will be very obliging in getting in contact with you when he does turn up.

Also, please do not pay attention to people chastising you.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Aisling1989

Hi
    This is Aisling (Carol's dog walker) I'm the one who put ads up on other sites.
    I'll put this picture up on all the ads I've put up.
    Have you anymore info? If you get anymore you can text it to me on 086-6647655 or PM here and I'll send on information to others. I have lots of people looking for Charlie.
    Good luck. Hope he's returned safe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I just wanted to wish you well in your search. My little one went missing for 24hours in Oct and I was utterly devastated, I just cried and cried. I have to say the Guards were how I found my girl. I put a poster in the station and luckily the lady who took her in also went to them. Best of luck and don't give up hope. Xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

goat2 wrote: »
    Not helpful to the OP at all. Very common thing to do tbh, i used to do it with my dog when out walking and had to get something in the shop. Not everyone spends their day worrying if their dog is going to get nicked.

If you have CCTV footage definitely be more insistet with the guards, its stolen "property" and they should be taking it a bit more seriously.

anniehoo wrote: »
    Not helpful to the OP at all. Very common thing to do tbh, i used to do it with my dog when out walking and had to get something in the shop. Not everyone spends their day worrying if their dog is going to get nicked.

If you have CCTV footage definitely be more insistet with the guards, its stolen "property" and they should be taking it a bit more seriously.

i apologise, but i do hear of dogs being nicked from peoples gardens it is something that has increased lately. my neighbour has that kind of dog and he often wander into me, a beautiful bouncy little thing, i do hope the little mite is being looked after very well in the meantime, until she locate him, as he will run off from the new home as soon as he can, so lets hope someone pick him up and go to the dogs home with him, so that he can be reunited with his owner

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭FastFuse

Any news yet?

No news yet. We hired a pet detective last week, to see if he had any luck tracking the girl from the CCTV footage.
    As only one of our dogs where taken he doesn't think he was taken for
    money, as they'd have gotten more if they took the two dogs.

We've been postering the local area, getting annoyed with people
    pulling down the posters.
    Lucan Gazette ran a piece on him which was great & really kind of them.

We have had a few calls from poeple who think they have seen him, but it
    never turns out to be him.

We will be making a complaint about the Garda in Lucan though as the Pet Detective has never experience the complete lack of interest in any case he has worked before. He is also making a complaint.
    I think this situation has made me loss a lot of respect for the Garda.

We are still looking & we are still hoping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi Lydser,

I genuinely hope you find your dog, I have two myself and regularly foster and the thoughts of anything happening to any of them really upsets me. Dog-knapping is unfortunately becoming more common, esp. with pedigree dogs and 'cute' pups. My lab from when I was a teenager was stolen, the Gardai suspected to order at the time. We never got him back, I still miss him.

A couple of weeks ago, whilst walking my own two I came across a gorgeous lab pup outside a supermarket tied to the trolley railing. I waited patiently for the owner to come out. 15mins later she did. I told her very politely about dog-knapping and that anyone could have taken her dog whilst she was doing her shopping. She laughed at me and told me I was stupid and that no-one would do such a thing. You just can't say anything to some people. I told her of my own history and she said I was making it up. I just left at that point. I feel sorry for her dog.

I do think the issue of dog-knapping needs to be highlighted however as so many people seem painfully oblivious to it, that is of course until it happens again.

All that said, I do hope you get yours back. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

Hi there never give up hope I know someone who lost one of their giant dogs while out walking. Know its a different circumstances ie dog lost v stolen but dog was found 4 months on and now at his proper home.

Keep the faith.

• Advertisement
Advertisement