Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quotes For Today

Options
  • 05-12-2010 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    I love collecting quotations and wanted to share some which are relevant to a lot of my feelings....

"Anything that has power over you is "for" teaching you how to take your power back"

"Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom"

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal - Henry Ford

Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond - Rumi

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending

When the world says, "Give up,"
Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."

If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces, never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

I would love it if you would add your own.......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us."
    – Helen Keller

People who have what they want are fond of telling people who haven't what they want that they really don't want it.-- Ogden Nash__________________

Act as if you know for a fact that anything you do,
    no matter how seemingly small, makes a difference!__________________

I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.-- Albert Einstein__________________

Nothing is as far away as one minute ago.-- Jim Bishop

• Advertisement

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”

Robert McCloskey

dont wish it was easier, wish you were tougher.....__________________

"The only tyrant I accept in this world is the still voice within."
    – Mahatma Gandhi__________________

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

"They can say what they like - I did not set out to drown myself. I set out to swim until I sank and that is not the same thing at all." Joseph Conrad.

"A person who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    – Albert Einstein

• Advertisement

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret".
    Ambrose Bierce

You aren't afraid of what you think you're afraid of -
you're afraid of what you think__________________

Sometimes when we are genorous in small barely detectable ways, it can change someone else,s life forever.__________________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Ok talked to donegalfella,and to lolth here, both dont mind me posting if no one else minds.Quotes of today dont harm anyone and might even give some people food for thought.:)

'There are none as blind as those that wont see' John Heywood 1546__________________

Niney-nine percent of failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses." George W. Carver....................__________________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 shane1992

"To think is easy. To act is difficult. To act as one thinks is the most difficult of all." - Johann Von Goethe

You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in.-- Arlo Guthrie

One never notices what has been done; one can only see what remains to be done.-- Marie Curie, Letter to her brother, 1894__________________

• Advertisement

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.-- Eleanor Roosevelt, 'This Is My Story,' 1937__________________

Whenever you see a successful business, someone once made a courageous decision."
    – Peter Drucker

Things are only impossible until they're not.-- Jean-Luc Picard, 'Star Trek: The Next Generation'__________________

Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.-- Arthur Ashe__________________

Pain is a part of being alive, and we need to learn that. Pain does not last forever, nor is it necessarily unbeatable, and we need to be taught that."
    – Harold Kushner

"We do not see things as they are, we see them as we are".__________________

There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a
    miracle."
    --Albert Einstein

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

'Our wants are many, our needs are few'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭sponsoredwalk

Paraphrased from a chemistry book I started reading:

"All matter is either a pure substance or a mixture".

You have no idea how amazing that sentence is! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This has nothing particularly to do with Literature guys (if nothing else, the Star Trek:TNG quotation has demonstrated that definitively). Two options for the OP: find a moderator on an appropriate forum who can PM me to say they'll take it or, better again, think about starting a blog.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement