Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa in the Pavillions

Options
  • 05-12-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got any idea what kind of wait time we'd be looking at if we went up today (Sunday)?

Or suggest any alternatives that they know to be good?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The snow Globe Khannie!

Put your name down for Santa, then one adult stay in the queue, the other take the kids to have their photo done in the Snow Globe if it's not too expensive?

Am going to take the bf to get it done this year and behave like a complete child :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hahaha. :D

We went along. Wasn't too impressed by the snow globe to be honest. The queue on Sunday evening (around 5pm ish) was short enough. I'd say about a 15-20 minute wait. Our little girl decided she didn't want to see "the real santa" so we bailed in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

We went to see Santa abotu 2 weeks ago on a Sunday in the Pavillions at around 6 just before they were finishing up and there was no queue. My little one loved it and have to say I thought the big man was very good.

However. We then went to get our picture done in the snow globe. I know they are probably seperate business, but, there was no que, so no reason to rush us. They had us in and out of the globe in seconds. Turned the wind on and stopped like flicking a light switch on and off. Then the quality of the picture was terrible and had streaks on it. We walked off in anger, but the wife said she is going to bring the picture back in and complain

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Yep, that's pretty much what I saw. Some other people went to get it done and I stood and watched. They only turn the air on for a second because it's enough to get the snow effect in the photo.

Looked like it would be fun (I'm mad for fun stuff like that!), but the reality looked rubbish. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

Bringing my little neighbour to the Santa in Pavillions on Saturday. Would you recommend it or should we look elsewhere? I take it we should pass on the Snow Globe then! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement