Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish sweets

Options
  • 05-12-2010 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everybody,

I live in France, and i am wondering about something, I noticed that most of the confectioneries available in Ireland come from the United Kingdom or the United States. So i was wondering if in Ireland , there are irish companies that manufacture sweets or snacks.

Thank you in advance.

Emilie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Zed Candy- the Oatfield brand is made in Donegal.

http://www.zedcandy.com/Traditional-Sweets-!10-cat.html

• Registered Users Posts: 32 slingshot

Caffreys - made in walkinstown Dublin, Wilton candy ie klipso etc made in newbridge,
    Waverley sweets eg cough tablets dublin , hg ritchie eg milky mints dublin.

There are loads of small family businesses who still make a lot of the old favourites.

The problem is if they get too big the international firms buy them up and shut them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bobbybouche

just was looking around boards.ie and noticed this. prob too late but i found a site before www.pennyjellies.com They have caffrey's, wilton, oatfield etc that are all Irish brands

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Intox

Lily O'Briens

Gallaghers Irish Chocolates- best chocolates I ever tasted, bit on the expensive side mind

Advertisement