Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

am i on my own here now?.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

bassy wrote: »
    am i on my own here now?.

Yep;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Yep;)

im not alone :)

-7 here in north kk and heavey fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

-6 here in wicklow and my god does it feel it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-6.6c here and it's looking like it may snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Any westies, north westies awake? This snow should be making land now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

I'm up now. Clear sky above me. -3. Stars out. Radar on phone isn't great but the front has hit the coast just not this far yet. No ppc overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Any westies, north westies awake? This snow should be making land now?

Hi, am barely still awake(not been to bed yet;)) been following "its" progress on radar and would say it'll be another 45 mins to an hour before it gets to me and i dont need any more snow ,have three ins on the ground still. Looks to be just in time to mess up rush hour for sligo town , heard roads are "brutal" i hav'nt been out for three days now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Bumble32

-5 here in Carrigaline, Black ice and fog. Getting to work is going to be a disaster.

Plus reports of snow in the afternoon from the local radio station so it will be the same coming home.

Bring it on.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

still -7c here and clear. I find any how when percip comes in from the direction it is now the mountains break it up, leaving me in the shadow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Baltinglass roadside reporting -14C @600am - Currently -12C here:D

Love the sense of humour of the person who does the weather/traffic updates in RTE early in the morning. Usually edited before most get up.

ec1158f0.jpg

Still waiting here must only be a few miles from me now. Rain or snow ??? Hmmmmmmmm

Clouding up like crazy to my west now. Come to daddy !!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Seems like a big downgrade to me met eireann saying rain or sleet for ulster and MTCranium saying inland ulster with heaviest falls of just 5cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

can see cloud comming here too as it gets light. -3.4c

Must have hit ye by now pangea. Presumably it's rain ?

irish1967 wrote: »
    Must have hit ye by now pangea. Presumably it's rain ?
    No precipation here Irish.

Temp now -1.6 here. That's up from -3 at 7am. Rise was expected as front approaches. M4 buoy at 7c last time I checked with DP of 3.9c

Where do you get your temp from Irish?

• Advertisement

The phone :( I know I know. Useless. What you got ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Mega temp rise here in the last hour, -7c at 6.30 and now -2.9c still rising. winds coming from the dreaded SW direction now. It seems a very weak afair now, like i said earlier, the main bulk has gone to Scotland.

Thats some phone of yours :P, I have 0.5 here, min was -3.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

need to get down to work today (so hopefully it holds off for another hour) nothing up here behind you yet irish1967

my temp guage is hovering around 0 ( buts its next to the house off the ground so always slightly higher

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

-6c here in D15. Roads are like hell and I heard a siren outside just now.

According to rain today Im am being plastered with heavy showers now, not a drop out there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

need to get down to work today (so hopefully it holds off for another hour) nothing up here behind you yet irish1967

my temp guage is hovering around 0 ( buts its next to the house off the ground so always slightly higher temp )

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

-8.1c here atm. That's impressive for suburban Dublin.

Anything that can freeze, and some things that can't, are frozen.

Almost 80% cloud cover here now and not a thing falling from the sky... yet:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

-8 this morning in Dublin 16 when I left at 6.30am. I have never seen frost on a car like there was this morning. Clear sky in Dublin 2 at the moment. The paths in Dublin CC are pretty bad in places so be careful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement