Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Amazing the contrast in weather Irish with you only being 25kms from me.
    Last friday was the same.
    But last saturday week I got 2 inches of snow when you didnt get much. So it changes by scenario I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Dying off slightly now but still snowing

lmao...:D:D Coleraine about to get plastered:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Yeah but polar lows are as rare as Liverpool being on top of the table.
    So its not even worth mentioning in my opinion.
    :pac:

:mad::mad::mad:

it's funny cause it's true:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Nothing here again, this front seems to be extremely weak.

It got heavy for a couple of minutes, changed to rain for another few minutes then stopped again. Hopefully it melts some of this ice if nothing else but it doesnt even seem to be doing that at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Heavy snow in Donegal Town and Letterkenny and I am in between and getting zilch:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I thought David Rogers (I think that was his name) forecast on the radio at 755 was extremely vague: thaw setting in but frost returning, milder but still below normal, thaw setting in on low ground, :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Harps wrote: »
    Nothing here again, this front seems to be extremely weak.

It got heavy for a couple of minutes, changed to rain for another few minutes then stopped again. Hopefully it melts some of this ice if nothing else but it doesnt even seem to be doing that at the moment
    Look at the radar heaviest is further down the West Coast

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Before going to bed I checked many online forecasts. Some, like Sky, had rain falling by 9am & others had it arriving in Galway by midday. It's a nice sunny morning !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Over and out, Enjoy the sneachta Irish and the rest of yas. This rollercoaster has crashed for me.

• Advertisement

Met.ie's 3 hr chart showing heaviest ppc after the front

3hr-rain.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I thought David Rogers (I think that was his name) forecast on the radio at 755 was extremely vague: thaw setting in but frost returning, milder but still below normal, thaw setting in on low ground, :confused:

it sounds like they are not sure, and just trying to cover every eventuality. while it will likely get relatively milder, it could still be fairly cold at night under clear skies. so still a messy situation for areas with a lot of snow to melt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Snowman_punch_miss.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Villain wrote: »
    Look at the radar heaviest is further down the West Coast

The radar does not seem to be very accurate at all. Still blue skys and sunshine here, Radars showing percip over head for well over an hour.

light snow / grauple now... 50 mins since it started about 1-2 cms i guess

Very light drizzle here now, barely noticible unless you step outside

I didnt expect snow from this so its not really a let down but I was expecting some rain to help the thaw.

Think I'll take my chances and try and make it to college

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Pete2k

Very dark clouds approaching from the northwest here, but still dry so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I was interested in his freezing frog forecast :D

M4 Buoy showing wind of 26 knots gusting to 35... not a breeze here yet..

(light graupel here now)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

I can't see any snow from:confused: this one for me. I'll have to wait and see.
    One thing I can't figure out is where do met eireann get the temps from on their homepage? It says +7 degrees for Galway???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Snowing heavily here for about an hour now

only in Ireland....-2c and raining!!!!

Heavy snow once again and stopped after a few minutes, wish it'd make up its mind already!

Here's what it currently looks like, most of that was already here but you can see the fresh cover on the road

photo0165k.jpg

Medium snow now seems to be continous hasnt stopped since 9 am.. all forecasts have it contimuing until @3pm... cant see how this is so as cloud after the front seems to die out.. unless it stalls for a while
    looking good so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

crisp and bright blue skies in Belfast - temp about -2.
    just watching and waiting to see what this afternoon brings.

Massive flakes of heavy snow now !! :D

The rain today radar images seem to be about an hour in advance??? Rain here freezing instantly to everything.

9am
    a164fbc1.jpg

9.15am
    30094d77.jpg

0cca9988.jpg

10am
    681217c0.jpg

:D:D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Looks like a good 3-4cm build up. nice! You're still in for another hour of it by the looks of the radar!

• Advertisement

Moderately heavy sleet here for the past 10 minutes, first time its been heavy for more than a couple of minutes so I'm guessing this is the main event now. Shame because it looked promising for a while.

Much like Friday night we've got nothing while Donegal town seems to be getting plenty of snow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement