Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Lads, There isn't a realistic chance of this band making it to the east coast and falling as snow is there?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Raining in Athlone

not much chance of snow for down south then. what temp/dp is it there?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Very little (if any) thaw in Dublin. The sun has been out for the majority of the day but temperatures have been very low. Snow at 6-7pm will be terrrible timing in terms of traffic. Like the snow, hate driving in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

where are these showers sliding down the west coast of scotland heading i wonder???:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Bitter day here in Waterford with freezing fog this morning that fell and left a snow like covering. Max temp today was -0.8c at 2pm. Now its -2.4c and falling fast. Will be interesting to see if we get anything from that band crossing the country now.

More Detail @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Spits of rain near Moate. Doesn't look like this front is up to much down here anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Snowing here in Cavan, -1.5 which is the best we've done all day, was -11 last night.. Hard to know how much snow to expect but the sky is all closed in so hopefully we'll get a good covering, we've had no thaw here at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

mojopolo wrote: »
    What part of the city are you in Milly? I'm in the east at the minute and its quite light - more like sleet just now.
    south- it's very heavy here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

irish1967 wrote: »
    where are these showers sliding down the west coast of scotland heading i wonder???:rolleyes:

Was thinking that myself, is the wind due to stay north tonight? If so then we could see some good showers later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

This was the view across towards the city earlier on today. That bank of cloud just sat there all day.

IMG_20101206_104745.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭boardgirl

guys do ye think it will snow in Limerick today/tonight? Its supposed to but they never get it right..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

from the Radar it would seem that this is significant precipitation north of a line from Dublin to Sligo and not much below that. The only issue is what will happen when it reaches the Dublin area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Heavy snow in Armagh for the past hour. Would not recommend travelling up here or to Newry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

Raining in Athlone

Lashing down in Galway again too. Worst weather of all :(
    Actually, no. At least winds are not strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Figuramatyi

boardgirl wrote: »
    guys do ye think it will snow in Limerick today/tonight? Its supposed to but they never get it right..:)

Sorry, don't think so. Rain is more likely. It's raining here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Getting very dark to the NW in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

There's very significant differences in temperature within 30 miles or so, for example its all of 5c in Nenagh but -3c all day in my location (West Laois). So the front will probably bring rain to the milder places and who knows what to colder locations that are literally up the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I think this might miss alot of Ireland, might hit the coast areas of Dublin and Wicklow but dont expect it to get 10 miles in from the coast!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

bryaner wrote: »
    Getting very dark to the NW in Navan.

whats the temperature, do ye know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Snowing steadily in Dundalk...only just started. Lying already. -2.1C

Judging by the radar the frontal cloud is coming at us sideways so we might pick up a good few cm from this in the next hour or two.

[edit] Putting bread out for the birds I just noticed an awful lot of seagulls knocking about. In the past this was seen as a ign of bad weather. Right now I think the poor things are just starving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

Started snowing in Dundalk about 5-10 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

It has been snowing heavily in SE Co. Sligo for the past hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Light rain now. Still a wintery scene here with the ice and snow. Rain falling on these back roads which are still covered with ice and freezing can't be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

whats the temperature, do ye know?

It's only a lidl jobbie and it's telling me +0.5 c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Fairly snowing here now, -1.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sliabh beagh

unreal conditions in monaghan town. been snowing now for 2 1/2 hours and has left over 3 inches. still snowing now, temp of -0.7c. cars getting stuck all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Hi, Do you think we will get snow in Drogheda today?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

do you think it will reach kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Just seen a tweet that there has been a foot of snow in Coleraine.

OwenC went for a wee surf at Portrush to celebrate:

204007103.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1291651615&Signature=SnIjgWg8AGWbup1zegpgrvsqcGE%3D

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dublin unlikely to get much from that big thick band I assume? Looks like it isn;t coming far enough south.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement