Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

Its looking like laois is going to get some :) , very cloudy here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Light rain in Trim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Steady rain now. Where's this snow then? It would actually be better for driving if it did snow ironically rather than this rain falling on icy surfaces...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Snowing in Longford now i can confirm. Dead centre in town

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Steady rain now. Where's this snow then? It would actually be better for driving if it did snow ironically rather than this rain falling on icy surfaces...

There is nothing remotely ironic there.
    Its would just be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 maximusmarcus

cant believe some of you guys have rain the snowfall here is crazy roads are looking insane

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pokes

cant believe some of you guys have rain the snowfall here is crazy roads are looking insane

Where is "Here"

Pokes wrote: »
    Where is "Here"

sry south armagh/louth still coming down strong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

In Edenderry here nothing to report yet but precip on the radar looks close. The roads are very very bad here still last Saturday weeks snow on the ground.:eek:. my estate has 2inch of solid ice on the roads in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Clear evening here, footpaths treacherous, becoming very cold once again. Grey clouds far off in the distance to the north.

• Advertisement

Clear evening here, footpaths treacherous, becoming very cold once again. Grey clouds far off in the distance to the north.

id say you will get the heavy snow thats here in the north now, checking the radar and looks like its on for the night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

some hugh clouds forming around here in south tipp for the last few hours , although nothing happening , and they dont seem to be appearing on rain today ??

it serious cold alright, will check temp soon..

anyone think theres goina be much snow in the midlands around tipp / kk , or anyone have an idea what time it may kick off ???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Picture of my garden earlier this afternoon

img00143201012061428.jpg

A pic my boss sent me of an igloo they finished yesterday in his garden. There will be a lot more now from today, they might build another one!

img001232.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Reaching epic proportions now in Dundalk....roads outside are completely white, gritter just drove past house....may as well have been spreading rose petals for all the good it'll do.
    Glad I'm not driving anyplace today...

Pretty wet type of snow but not huge flakes...sticking to all surfaces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Ah drat!! started raining here:( there has been a partial thaw here the past week but still alot of icy snow on the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

Wow, brilliant igloo!!

Is there a good chance of North Dublin City getting any snow tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Any reports from Navan? The blob is right on top of it now

I'm in Dublin at the moment but will be driving home very shortly:(:eek::D:rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

oops, I thought I posted in the pictures thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Been raining in galway for a few hours now.

Of course, there's still ice on the ground, it's just got a layer of rain on top of it now. Lovely. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Can anyone tell me please what was the lowest recorded temperature so far this winter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Anybody want to call it for Dublin? Rain, hail, sleet, snow? That band of precipitation appears to be getting even more intense now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

dav3 wrote: »
    Anybody want to call it for Dublin? Rain, hail, sleet, snow? That band of precipitation appears to be getting even more intense now.

Rain/sleet atm unless reports of snow from the midlands downwind start coming in thick and fast...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

dav3 wrote: »

sincere apologies in advance for the total new girl question but can I ask where are you checking that band? I have been looking on raintoday but would be very interested in other good sites ye use? thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,682 ✭✭✭Speak Now

malman wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me please what was the lowest recorded temperature so far this winter?

-12.9 for met eireann stations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Rain getting heavier now. It's an icy slushy mess now. Not even sleety rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

4.5cm of snow here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just started to rain here, freezing rain

EPIC snowfall in south armagh reading -2.5 ive never seen snow like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

goodies wrote: »
    sincere apologies in advance for the total new girl question but can I ask where are you checking that band? I have been looking on raintoday but would be very interested in other good sites ye use? thank you
    www.met.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Rain getting heavier now. It's an icy slushy mess now. Not even sleety rain.

You can see from the temperatures here http://www.irelandsweather.com/ , that the western half of the country's temperatures are too high for snow. The eastern half from Wichlow going North looks like it's gonna get it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement