Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

goodies wrote: »
    sincere apologies in advance for the total new girl question but can I ask where are you checking that band? I have been looking on raintoday but would be very interested in other good sites ye use? thank you

I'm just using the met eireann website http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp although it can be like looking at a postage stamp from 10 feet away. This combined with people looking out their window and telling us what's falling from the sky is the most reliable way. Raintoday can be a bit hit a miss sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

-2 Over here in D15 and the skies are dark and overcast. Snow or Freezing rain?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its freezing rain, I dont think anywhere in Dublin will see any snow at all

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Really coming down just outside Kells, lovely big white fluffy flakes:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

anyone have a rough idea when that band will hit dublin?

want to get home before it hits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

keithzer wrote: »

thank you I suppose I should have qualified my question better though...have been looking on met.ie but that image is over 2 hours old. I had assumed there was a service somewhere that up-dated very frequently that ye experts were following....

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Wertz wrote: »
    Reaching epic proportions now in Dundalk....roads outside are completely white, gritter just drove past house....may as well have been spreading rose petals for all the good it'll do.
    Glad I'm not driving anyplace today...

Pretty wet type of snow but not huge flakes...sticking to all surfaces.

Iam a few km's south of Dundalk in Clogherhead and iam still waiting for the snow, its very dark and foggy about and i cant see it coming!
    Looking at the radar's it should snowed a while ago here but nothing yet but fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

dav3 wrote: »
    I'm just using the met eireann website http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp although it can be like looking at a postage stamp from 10 feet away. This combined with people looking out their window and telling us what's falling from the sky is the most reliable way. Raintoday can be a bit hit a miss sometimes.

Raintoday uses the same radars as met.ie, they are the same exept the visual interface is different

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭flickarius

It's been tumbling down here in Mid Louth for over half an hour now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

me again just reading that..sounds like I am a spoilt brat jumping up and down "I want it now" like your woman verucca salt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Snowing heavy in Dundalk town. No taw here at all today. About an inch of snow in past 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

No snow to report in Laois for the time being feels colder than ever tho -5 showing up on the car.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

goodies wrote: »
    sincere apologies in advance for the total new girl question but can I ask where are you checking that band? I have been looking on raintoday but would be very interested in other good sites ye use? thank you

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

and

http://www.sat24.com/gb

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭greenpeter

snowing heavy here again between dunshaughlin and navan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

Rain has turned to sleet here, very messy outside now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

skipz wrote: »
    Iam a few km's south of Dundalk in Clogherhead and iam still waiting for the snow, its very dark and foggy about and i cant see it coming!
    Looking at the radar's it should snowed a while ago here but nothing yet but fog.

Patience. I'd say you have about 10-15 min...can't promise snow since you're right on the coast, but good chance.
    Temp here now hitting -2.1, although it was lower (-2.3) about 30 min ago...could be a slight warming trend further into the front.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

greenpeter wrote: »
    snowing heavy here again between dunshaughlin and navan

thats weird, im 1km from Dunshaughlin and it's pure rain here.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Wertz wrote: »
    Patience. I'd say you have about 10-15 min...can't promise snow since you're right on the coast, but good chance.
    Temp here now hitting -2.1, although it was lower (-2.3) about 30 min ago...could be a slight warming trend further into the front.

Very good chance of snow here when it arrives, its -2.1 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Gonzo wrote: »
    its freezing rain, I dont think anywhere in Dublin will see any snow at all

Maybe in Meath you won't but in Dublin you will. -2 in Castleknock, Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Defcol

Missus says its snowing in Navan town

• Advertisement

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Maybe in Meath you won't but in Dublin you will. -2 in Castleknock, Dublin 15

it's -1 here but it's still falling as rain so it could easily do that in Dublin too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Heavy snow in Athboy started around 4.30ish, it eased off a bit now. Some bloody drivers are still going too fast and are all over the place when trying to stop or turn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Snowing in 3 miles north of Navan according to reports!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

Just started snowing in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭boardgirl

raining in Limerick :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

Folks off topic but last Dublin bus is 9pm tonight because of weather conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Anybody from Maynooth want to report what is falling from the sky? It should be nearly over there around now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Gonzo wrote: »
    it's -1 here but it's still falling as rain so it could easily do that in Dublin too.

It could be preceded by some rain - it could turn to snow for you at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭lilywhitearmy

No sign of it stopping.

M1 in Louth is just pure white now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

mild and dry +3C in East Clare right now... I'm off out in my shorts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement