Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Only small sprinkles of freezing rain in Malahide at the mo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Pelting it down in Naas :D:D

Happy to report the same for Newbridge ,

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Johnny1999 wrote: »
    Snowing heavy in the city!

You mean 'The Town'.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

god dam sleet now come on snow

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

any south dublin snow reports yet? front seems to be stalling. dub mountains impact?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Ciaran500 wrote: »

it's only a matter of minutes now! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nowt in this part of "the city" bah humbug!!
    Slowest moving precip ever!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

Just looking at rain today,
    and the way the front has started to track, it looksl ike it could bring the whole front across us at an angle, which could see us getting the whole front along its path.

anyone eles whos good at reading these think the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Happy to report the same for Newbridge ,

Looks like a good while left too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

inabina wrote: »
    any south dublin snow reports yet? front seems to be stalling. dub mountains impact?

Seems to be the Dublin mountains alright (judging by the radar)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

This has to be one of the slowest moving fronts ever. Can any of the experts explain how/why is hasn't fizzled out like the one did last Friday?

In Rathfarnham and no sign of snow. Only partly cloudy even.

Actually it seems to be pivoting more than stalling, I can see west Wicklow places like Blessington getting hammered by this if it lasts long enough to arrive there.

Here in D4 we had a few minutes of feckin drizzle and nothing more, agghhh!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Yeah, am a bit worried about that factor. While front is moving SE, the ppn is running up along the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

mac80 wrote: »
    My head office in UK has asked for photos of the snow if we cannot make it in, to prove it is that bad :rolleyes:
    do they know what your street looks like? i can take a pic outside my gaff and email it to you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Supercell wrote: »
    Actually it seems to be pivoting more than stalling, I can see west Wicklow places like Blessington getting hammered by this if it lasts long enough to arrive there.

Here in D4 we had a few minutes of feckin drizzle and nothing more, agghhh!

they did talk about wave formation. this pivoting is great for people underneath it and so frustrating for those close by

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭razor_ryan

Looking good for Kilkenny/East Waterford

http://uk.weather.com/weather/hourByHour-Kilkenny-EIXX0021

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Its -2.7c DP -3.3c but if its only sleeting in Kilkenny well we have no hope of snow here in Waterford. That maritime air will kill us again like it did last Saturday.

More Data @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Here you go...!

czech_-_2004.1105768680.img_0590.jpg

Is that Charlie Sheens car?

Looking at the radar sequence I'd bet on the Wicklow mountains drying out the air reaching Dublin CC southward. There is a heavier pulse working its way NE that may punch through for a time though. Atlantic snow rarely delivers to Dublin CC unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

I'll be attempting to go to work anyway, I'm 50 miles from work and always make it but guys only 2 miles from the office said they could not make it last week due to snow :rolleyes:

Didnt go down well.

Still snowing here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Dear Snowlord,

You are being very nice to me again. You have bathed me in snow for the last 4 hours here in Drogheda and if you could spread your glory and sink dublin with snow thus cancelling college for a fourth consecutive day I will never go to a sunny country ever again and be forever greatful

Amen
    Yours
    MrThirdTesticle

they did talk about wave formation. this pivoting is great for people underneath it and so frustrating for those close by

True, I have noticed this 'precipitation shadow' before. I bear the brunt of it living in SE Coastal Dublin. Same concept (but on a much smaller scale) behind the Tibetan pleateau in Asia, one side side snowy, one side cold and desertic

Yep, west Wicklow , west Wexford, and west Dublin northwards will do well. I think the Dublin CC may see some snow later, but nothing spectacular. Placeslike Wicklow town, Gorey, Arklow..not looking good right now

Supercell wrote: »
    Looking at the radar sequence I'd bet on the Wicklow mountains drying out the air reaching Dublin CC southward. There is a heavier pulse working its way NE that may punch through for a time though. Atlantic snow rarely delivers to Dublin CC unfortunately

We'll definitely get some precipitation, although much patchier than in areas in Kildare/West Wicklow. This happens with normal Atlantic fronts too...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭busymum1

raining in cork city.. Pah:(

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

We seem to have a void appearing right over Dublin, the "M50 Shadow" !

Ok so earlier I didn't want it - but now I doooooo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

-4.4 and light graupel. Have to admit, it's the first time i've ever seen the stuff. Its so small and light you would'nt know it was there without going outside and feeling it. Slowest moving front ever, in the 7.45 radar it was more or less on top of me, took 45 minutes them before this started. Hopefully it will soon turn to snow!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

about an inch of snow has fallen here and it's easing off now. Think were through most of that snowband already, I thought it would have moved alot slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Snowing in Newcastle Co Dublin:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Extra 1-2 inches on top of existing snow here near Dunhaughlin. Still snowing but lightly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement