Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Supercell wrote: »
    Yep, west Wicklow , west Wexford, and west Dublin northwards will do well. I think the Dublin CC may see some snow later, but nothing spectacular. Placeslike Wicklow town, Gorey, Arklow..not looking good right now
    I could get a pasting too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭compsys

Looking at the radar sequence I'd bet on the Wicklow mountains drying out the air reaching Dublin CC southward. There is a heavier pulse working its way NE that may punch through for a time though. Atlantic snow rarely delivers to Dublin CC unfortunately

But there still seems to be so much cloud and precipitation around the front. The whole thing couldn't miss south Dublin altogether surely!?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

We seem to have a void appearing right over Dublin, the "M50 Shadow" !

Ok so earlier I didn't want it - but now I doooooo!

exactly my sentiment!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

Dear Snowlord,

You are being very nice to me again. You have bathed me in snow for the last 4 hours here in Drogheda and if you could spread your glory and sink dublin with snow thus cancelling college for a fourth consecutive day I will never go to a sunny country ever again and be forever greatful

Amen
    Yours
    Xzavier Rich Muzzle

"Cuckoo"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Villain wrote: »
    I could get a pasting too!

Indeed you probably will!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

rc28 wrote: »
    Extra 1-2 inches on top of existing snow here near Dunhaughlin. Still snowing but lightly

Same here in Trim, all since about 5.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Heavy snow again in portarlington

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Nothing here despite the radar showing yellow over me at 8. . . :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: Current -3.3 °C High -2.6 °C Low -5.4 °C
    Dew Point: Current -3.6 °C High -2.9 °C Low -5.7 °C

Didn't get above freezing all day.
    Has been snowing for the last half an hour and is heavy, heavy enough to have covered all of the thawed patches well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

Snowing solid since about 3 o'clock in Carrickmacross. Eased off a bit now but still coming down. That car was completely clear before it started.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

lightly snowing in Dublin 15.

Sticking on existing compacted snow, sticking on cleared paths which weren't treated.

Not sticking on paths which were treated with salt and/or grit. Not sticking on recently parked cars.

Suggests it is marginal snow. Still a while to go looking at the radar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Big heavy flakes now snow is heading for the capital

I can't believe it's heavy in kk city and STILL nothing here. . :mad: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

(sits and looks at the snow he got this morning in 3.5 hours and wishes the middies and the easties the same view)

Boards is slowing right down..snow must be making headway in the capital !!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

rc28 wrote: »
    Extra 1-2 inches on top of existing snow here near Dunhaughlin. Still snowing but lightly
    its fecking mad, we've had a good 3-4 inches in navan already and its still going now and my mother in law says they've had over a foot in kells and still going so i guess it just gets deeper the further north you go!:eek:

cheeses crust!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Snowing in Balbriggan from 17:40, still snowing, about 3"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Snowing heavy in West Wicklow. De Ja Vue
    Will this front pass through or will it hang around the east coast until tommorow :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

been coming down for about an hour in Leixlip, went from sleety stuff to fluffy stuff now. already a lot easier to walk about with the extra grip from it.

Anyone in Blessington?, should be hammering down there now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

nothing doing here now not even sleet north kk will more come very dissapointed now thought this was the event of all events:mad:

Graupel is sticking, light layer on concrete, makes it look like polished granite!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Just Started in Carlow town, not heavy though...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

If they are getting anything like we are getting in Naas it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Its hammering down alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Hendrixfan

Keep snowing........ Biatch

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Godge wrote: »

Sticking on existing compacted snow, sticking on cleared paths which weren't treated.

Not sticking on paths which were treated with salt and/or grit. Not sticking on recently parked cars.

I cleared my drive way and paths on saturday /Sunday and have been salting them every day also ,

Actually gave the drive way a going over with Salt 20 minutes before this started ,

I now have over an inch of snow on it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Nothing here despite the radar showing yellow over me at 8. . . :(:(:(

Don't eat yellow snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Godge wrote: »

I'm in D15 and see the opposite, lots of snow for the last couple of hours, recently cleared cars and paths coated again, definitely not marginal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    If they are getting anything like we are getting in Naas it is

Lashing down snow !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement