Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

channaigh wrote: »
    where abouts are you

18 miles north of kk city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Snowing now in D14 :D:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Still seems to be coming down in Swords, any footprints in the drive have been filled, new blanket of snow, the clouds still look nasty out there too.
    Even with the heating on it feels unnaturally cold here.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

steady small flakes falling here in ballinteer (south dublin).

this morning was super-freezing. everything to do with my van was frozen this morning.. door locks, door handles, doors themselves, mirrors, windows inside and out.. key wouldn't turn in ignition till i got the heat gun and heated the key and the barrel.. this is mad weather really.

then this evening i've had to admit defeat for the first time and leave my van somewhere because it just will not move off the ice it's on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

FUP all in Dublin CC, atlantic precip only rains or drizzles here, not strong enough for Dublin.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

I've been spoiled for snow in Maynooth and now its pelting down again!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

Snowing in clondalkin, d22.

Do you think we will have much more overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Snow must be fairly coming down at Dublin Airport.Alot of Aircraft "in the hold" .

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

bassy wrote: »
    18 miles north of kk city

so am i there abouts has stopped though over me:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭daisling

inabina wrote: »
    wicklow/dublin mountains having a big impact on this fronts progress

Living in those hills snowing heavy here since 8. Don't know how much more we can take only a small thaw today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

EXPERTS :D Im a bit confused. That band looks like its legging it across the country but the met 3 hour & sky show the east getting blasted in the morning. Anyone care to explain? is there a second band maybe to leg it across too ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Snowing heavy in D15 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

small flakes coming down heavy enough,best we've had all nite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Lashing snow in Maynooth for almost 2 hours... Crap! I was as excited as everyone at the start but almost 1500 euro down work wise and in big trouble if it doesn't stop and thaw!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

lucy2010 wrote: »
    EXPERTS :D Im a bit confused. That band looks like its legging it across the country but the met 3 hour & sky show the east getting blasted in the morning. Anyone care to explain? is there a second band maybe to leg it across too ?

thats what i was thinking too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

channaigh wrote: »
    so am i there abouts has stopped though over me:confused:

Still lightly falling here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

blanch north has had more snow tonight than all of the other days.,......now its bucketing large flakes..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

D4 signing out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

Snowing 5 hours in Drogheda now never seen snow this bad and its still falling

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

no snow in finglas - looks like there is still a thaw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 novemberbravo

What looked like snow in Shankill D18 is on closer inspection actually chubby rain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

Blizzard in Dublin 15 huntstown at the moment! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Snowing significantly in Lucan!!!

Wohoo!!!! the snow is back!!
    We missed you...!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

-9 degrees in Donegal. +5 in Kerry.

That's a pretty big differential by Irish standards.

Malin Head which is in Donegal has +5 so the differential in the same county is remarkable!

Still bucketing down in Ongar, Dublin 15 - 3 hours continuous with intensity increasing in last 20 mins. I'd say 2 inches have now fallen on the 4 inches that were lying from earlier falls. With the snow front seemingly stuck over east Leinster, it could be another epic night!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

not snowing anymore at all, more very light sleet...I thought it would get heavier but think the dublin mountains are blocking anything coming seen as its snowing in rathfarnham nicely on the other side of the mountains

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Coming down like last week in Kildare/Wicklow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

Raining in WATERford...nightmare :mad:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Looked out the window there again and its got even heavier here in Swords, really coming down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Ginny wrote: »
    Still seems to be coming down in Swords, any footprints in the drive have been filled, new blanket of snow, the clouds still look nasty out there too.
    Even with the heating on it feels unnaturally cold here.

It had been pretty persistent snow in my part of Swords since 19:30. However, there's a bit of a thaw on. Can here the drips from the down pipes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Also LASHING snow in Leixlip...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement