Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

whats the story with this blob in the west is this going across the country ??

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/3hour.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

The snow has been bonkers here in Louth, snowing since 5 o'clock and has'nt stopped.
    Have at least +8cm of snow fall on a clear patch and god knows what depth on un-clear.
    I live next to the sea and this is extream, iv lived here 12 years and have never seen anything as bad as this. We normaly get just a cm or 2 and its gone within a day or 2.
    The co co plough went past the house and it made no difference to the road.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

uberwolf wrote: »
    snap

me too! greetings fellow D8 nerdy weather watchers...

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

really heavy snow, snow and more snow in D5

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Carlow : -2
    Just scraped 3cm of fluffy white off my windscreen :(
    very light drizzle now (despite -2C ??) :)
    will probably freeze into black ice by morning. :mad:

Hope the rest of ye get more :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dublingal80

chris2007 wrote: »
    really heavy snow, snow and more snow in D5

where are you cos there is nothing in the d5 i am in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Winger_PL wrote: »
    Hahahah, brilliant! I already took Ethan out for a mandatory snowfall bike ride :-)

i wouldnt be able to bring him out on the bike, having to hav him on the lead all the time would be dangerous with ice,

anyone see the 9 news report of the mountaineers , amazing scenes!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

wasabi wrote: »
    I've been keeping an eye out, there was some drizzle and a few minutes of OK snow about an hour ago but seems to have tailed off for now. I'm near James's.

I'm near Leonards Corner and it's pretty much the same, a light dusting of snow and very little else.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

HI Any snow for Galway City??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭Speak Now

razor_ryan wrote: »
    Snow starting to fall in South Kilkenny

Send some across the river razor :D

-2 here but above freezing in Dunmore and Tramore so could be marginal for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭wasabi

goodies wrote: »
    me too! greetings fellow D8 nerdy weather watchers...

Perhaps this excess concentration of snow-nerds is causing this St James snow shield phenomenon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Cabra

skipz wrote: »
    The snow has been bonkers here in Louth, snowing since 5 o'clock and has'nt stopped.
    Have at least +8cm of snow fall on a clear patch and god knows what depth on un-clear.
    I live next to the sea and this is extream, iv lived here 12 years and have never seen anything as bad as this. We normaly get just a cm or 2 and its gone within a day or 2.
    The co co plough went past the house and it made no difference to the road.:pac:
    Louth County Council has a snow plough? Any chance they'd hire it out to Dublin City Council???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭Speak Now

RuthieRose wrote: »
    HI Any snow for Galway City??????????

No...sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Coolock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

snowed in here in drogheda, :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Crazy weather I honestly taught it was gone it came back to surprise me
    In the UK the big freeze threatens Christmas: Plunging temperatures and snow could cause three weeks of delivery chaos :mad: I dont mind I have my Christmas shopping done

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

No...sorry.

:(:(:(
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Twas nearly gone... and she's back! Go on ya good thing. Fingers crossed for a snow day tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Even though the band seems to have died alot it is now hitting Dublin and could do for a number of hours in one form or another.

Currently nearing moderate snowfall here with 1-2cm of freshly accumulated snow in the last hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭keithzer

Still snowing in Drogheda 6 hours now im off to bed no sign of this stopping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Days like this I wish the mountain bike was not in bits in the Garage*.

*that was before the snow turned to ice

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Snowing - lightly- in Dublin 8 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Snowing in d9:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭goodies

well D8 gang we are back in action! time to look out your windows again.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Kev_tag

I'm driving dublin-belfast tomorrow - any idea what to expect from the M1??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

-1c, 10cm of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

where are you cos there is nothing in the d5 i am in

Yep, me neither :(

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭paulb06

Been snowing constantly since round 7.30pm here is swords no sign of it stopping!!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

skipz wrote: »

Have to second this. In Drogheda and its been coming down since 5. Hill into my estate was just clearing too, now theres a good 4 inches and falling at an inch an hour. Much more of this and i'm getting a set of snow tires...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 pollyos

baraca wrote: »
    Snow just gets to the wexford border and stops. Meh.
    I know, I am just outside New Ross and it seems to just disappear there, very frustrating...:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement