Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

andrewie wrote: »
    Snowing lightly again in Kells. 7 inches since 4.30 today.
    maybe next time you find a lamp with a genie in it and get one wish, you'll be a lot more specific about what you ask for. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steppes

BMRising wrote: »
    Haven't seen anything fall yet in Fairview/Clontarf...

Surprising! I'm five minutes up the road from Fairview and we have snow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,683 ✭✭✭Speak Now

fizzycyst wrote: »
    where is my snow :mad:

On the ground frozen for the last 10 days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Maynooth winding down now. Is there anyone about that can advise as what is due to happen after this band?

Met.ie are still forecasting snow for tonight/tomorrow and MT Cranium had said snow until about 6 though the radar seems to be fading out slowly now.

We've had 3-4cm maybe here though it took a long time to stick where there was no snow already. Cleared the driveway twice, about 2cm each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Steppes wrote: »
    Surprising! I'm five minutes up the road from Fairview and we have snow here.

We've snow in IFSC / East Wall now too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 BMRising

We've had a sprinkle but nothing to get excited about...!

Weird, everyone around us seems to be getting a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭busymum1

Rain stopped in Cork city. It's melted all the ice on the cars but lots of ice still on the ground with a layer of water on top.
    It's pretty foggy and feels like the temp is dropping. It'll freeze over night and we'll have skating rink roads and footpaths tomorrow.
    I'm sick of all this ice now.. And we didn't get any real snow at all.. No fair!! :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

4Sheets wrote: »
    pelting down now in buckets¬!
    D22

Heaviest I've seen it fall so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

light rain in cork:mad:

those roads and paths are going to be so much fun tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

verywell wrote: »
    Snowing away in Carlow the last couple of hours.

What will that mean for the roads in the morning? They were full of ice today and now with fresh snow could that possibly mean that it might be easier/worse to drive on?

Easier I'd imagine, anythings got to be better than driving on an icy road. Snow is always good news in this weather, until it starts to melt of corse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

Getting lighter here in Coolock

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Cabra wrote: »
    Louth County Council has a snow plough? Any chance they'd hire it out to Dublin City Council???
    they dropped round last year and asked to borrow it from meath and they never gave it back, the mean feckers! :p

/jk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Will there be much with this Dublin snow or just a sprinkle? Getting to work in the morning is going to be fun either way. Might just play it safe and leave the car at home. Hopefully the snow might give the paths a little grip :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Pretty heavy here in Dublin 12, just beginning to accumulate on the ground after a couple of hours of light flurries! Been busy all day so I wasn't expecting this AT ALL :D nice surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

vibe666 wrote: »
    maybe next time you find a lamp with a genie in it and get one wish, you'll be a lot more specific about what you ask for. :D

Ask for more genies!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Goatstown - Dublin.

Snowing pretty heavy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Monkaa wrote: »
    I spoke too soon....snowing heavily in carrickmines now (d.18):D

How bad is it - The reason I ask is its the closest to Glencullen to get a rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

easing now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Got about 2cm here before it turned back to graupel which is still falling lightly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

About 2-3 inches snowfall in Monasterevin this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

On the ground frozen for the last 10 days :)
    too true Jerry, I'm quite disappointed....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Drogheda out of action by the looks of thing. Has been belting down for hours now. Easily 6-7 inches just fell. My table out the back looks like buckling at this stage! There has been no thaw here at all! Don't think it rose above freezing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 novemberbravo

Very light snow now starting to fall in Shankill D18

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Fairly tipping it down here now. 1cm new snow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Snow is falling very heavily in Inchicore. An inch of snow has landed outside my door in the last hour 036.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭steveLFC24

Anybody know how long this gona last? All night or just couple hours? Just got in so haven't seen the weather at all today. Plus I trust you guys more than any website:D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

After the last week, and what is an area that usually gets 'hit' by the isle of man shadow, I'd say this is probably the most snow Balbriggan has seen in years. In particular today, it started earlier at approx 5-6 and has been snowing non stop since then. This evening the snow has accumulated faster than the past week, I'd say we've had at least 10cm. The kids were still awake so got them out of bed (once I'd seen the school was closed tomorrow) and we made a family of snowmen! Great fun and has really taken my mind off other worries and problems playing with them in the snow....If only life was that simple again......

If only.....it's great you can still have fun with the kids, a lot of people at the moment accross this country are choosing to ignore the bright side and focus on all the bad. Hope you had lots of fun building those snowmen. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Heavy here still. Totally white out again and I mean totally.

Met Eireann get it wrong again.

CLowns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Massive flakes in booterstown :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement