Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

NickDrake wrote: »
    Easy? But they are professionals and paid a LOT of money. A blind baby with no hands would have seen snow was on the way.

Show me any forecast that envisaged the snow tonight.
    The band was supposed to die out over Ulster and Connacht, none of this was supposed to reach the south-east coast.
    It was never possible to predict the weather with a 100% reliability and it will probably never be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I love the stuff but by feck it causes chaos. This is the worst chaos I have seen in Central Scotland since I came here 17 years ago. I had to walk 4 miles to collect my kids from school as the school shut early and the wife was stranded on a bus. There are hundreds of people still stuck on the main motorway in Scotland.

On the plus side, it looks like I will not be going to work tomorrow and the kids are off so we will go sledging :D

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

Easing off here now ( D.18) but my other half on the other side of the mountain says its snowing heavily in rathfarnham! Hopefully we get more!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sdonn wrote: »
    Someone in Tipp used the words pelting down snow earlier, if that's anything to go by, your lie-on is secure. :P

a week and a bit I've gotten out of this, its great :p

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭graduate

Show me any forecast that envisaged the snow tonight.

BBC forecasts had this fairly spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Finishing up now in Lucan - I think that's it for the night. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I haven't seen or heard any traffic on Tullyesker hill in an hour or two. I would imagine the M1 motorway junction at Monasterboice is quite treacherous too.

The snow has pretty much died here, just the odd flake blowing about in the wind. Luckily there has been little drifting so that will help the driveability of roads tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭miseagustusa

i've been watching d radar, and it looked like i was goin 2 get a nice dumping of snow, then all of sudden the streamer broke up and the snow must have hit everywhere bar here :(

If its not d IOM its d wicklow/dublin mountains:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Finishing up now in Lucan - I think that's it for the night. :(

Think you could be right judging by the radar...unless there's some of that under the radar stuff knocking about ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Monkaa wrote: »
    Easing off here now ( D.18) but my other half on the other side of the mountain says its snowing heavily in rathfarnham! Hopefully we get more!

Yeah....coming down thick and fast now. 0.0c atm.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

still coming down in kilkenny, big flakes, slowing floating to earth, very still

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Snow still coming down heavy in D15. The roads look very dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 nodnod

Fresh Snow Carpenterstown Castlknock D15 at 11:30 pm and still falling

enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

Big mofo flakes coming down heavy in Artane! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ah you cant beat met eireann, snowed heavily here in north east meath all evening, met eireann predicted we wouldnt get to much snow, maybe 5cm 10cm tops, well 5h 30mins and 4 or possiby 5 inches later it has finally stopped. :rolleyes:. next time they predict a little of anything, watch out folks, you can bet it will look like a scene from the day after tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Is Cork ever going to get any snow?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Night folks, i'm going to bed as it looks like I will still have to go to work tomorrow unless it all changes direction and comes right back at us...Yeh right. Safe travelling peeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Ali Babba wrote: »
    Is Cork ever going to get any snow?:(

2012 maybe ? :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭chris2007

temp in cork is 2c thats too high for snow im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

ah you cant beat met eireann, snowed heavily here in north east meath all evening, met eireann predicted we wouldnt get to much snow, maybe 5cm 10cm tops, well 5h 30mins and 4 or possiby 5 inches later it has finally stopped. :rolleyes:. next time they predict a little of anything, watch out folks, you can bet it will look like a scene from the day after tomorrow.

Eh, 4 inches is 10cm !!!!!

Maybe not in North East Meath though ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

eh 10 cm is roughly 4 inches............

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭bionic.laura

I've been watching jealously all night as the front slowly slowly made it's way down across the country. A lot of snow falling in Sandymount now. Big fluffy stuff that is sticking well. All the surfaces that the snow had melted off are now getting a nice covering of snow. About 2-3cm fallen already. At least it will make it a bit easier to walk around out there tomorrow. This has been an epic week of snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Aquals

Bucketing down in Blackrock! Wasn't expecting this!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Was in Cork at the weekend. Although there was no snow that paths were lethal. Ice without snow is a killer. Snow gives you more grip!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Kilkenny falling heavy the heaviest yet:mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jokerjoe17

no snow here in waterford only cold out an icey roads snow better hurry on down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I see Sky News are running the headline "Britain's Big Freeze Bites Back" - did we steal it from them or did they steal it from us? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Anyone understand me when I say snow is only fully enjoyable when you experience it at home? I'm in Dublin tonight watching serious snow but it doesn't seem to count somehow?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Kilkenny falling heavy the heaviest yet:mad::mad:

kILKENNY GETTING POUNDED BY 5 INCHES,
    WORST EVER, I JUST WENT OUTSIDE, UNREAL!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement