Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I really hope the weather does not interrupt mail services or else I am screwed :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,516 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Hey, there may be some hope for Cork now, could see 1-3 cms of snow there later tonight and tomorrow morning ... the snow in south central Ireland seems to be pivoting and some of the guidance is suggesting that the moisture will spread southwest, probably the radar echoes will move up from southwest but the net effect will be for snow to spread southwest. This should also bring snow to Waterford and Wexford eventually overnight.

Tomorrow, I'm thinking that the snow moving into the north will probably give some scattered falls of 5-7 cms but it won't be as organized into a band as today's snow was ... and it may not make as much progress south, because it's not really a front but just air mass showers. The upper levels are cooling gradually to support sub-freezing temperatures all day without an inversion helping, so the cold will tend to spread to the west because of that factor.

Notice it's already -11 C at two stations in NI and so any place north of the present snow-producing front that clears could quite easily drop to -10 C or lower tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭JeanLucPicard

Hi MT

If you were a betting man.....would you bet on a snow day for me here in Wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I really hope the weather does not interrupt mail services or else I am screwed :mad:

I know they are called 'mail order brides' but I think they get a plane :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

5 Flights en route to Shannon atm after been diverted from Dublin.EIN27V(EI-CVA),EIN529(EI-DET),EI77U(EI-CPD),EIN65(EI-DET)and RYR1CV(EI-DLD)....EIN179(EI-CPG) from London(LHR) is now returning to LHR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

i'm actually going to panic cos my road is blocked and i'll have to miss work in the morning and i need the money cos its budget day tomorrow which is now today :eek:, time for bed, i cant take it anymore

Fret not my friend. You never really own your money. A loan is all youre getting if you think about it. We small fry are in an invisible prision called debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Hey, there may be some hope for Cork now, could see 1-3 cms of snow there later tonight and tomorrow morning ... the snow in south central Ireland seems to be pivoting and some of the guidance is suggesting that the moisture will spread southwest, probably the radar echoes will move up from southwest but the net effect will be for snow to spread southwest. This should also bring snow to Waterford and Wexford eventually overnight.

Tomorrow, I'm thinking that the snow moving into the north will probably give some scattered falls of 5-7 cms but it won't be as organized into a band as today's snow was ... and it may not make as much progress south, because it's not really a front but just air mass showers. The upper levels are cooling gradually to support sub-freezing temperatures all day without an inversion helping, so the cold will tend to spread to the west because of that factor.

Notice it's already -11 C at two stations in NI and so any place north of the present snow-producing front that clears could quite easily drop to -10 C or lower tonight.
    MT, you just made my night, I've been watching this front move across the country all day and really thought Waterford would get some snow, you have renewed my faith:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Trevor451 wrote: »

I've forgotten what our postman looks like. Not looking forward to the mountain of mail that must be building up at this stage. BTW heavy flakes easing off a bit to smaller stuff but still coming down hard in D14.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Quiet you

Does anybody know if there's a scientific definition of heavy, moderate and light snowfall? Like does it go by the amount of snow that falls over all or in a given time period? E.g. Two inches of snow in one hour compared to two inches in six hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 novemberbravo

Coming down heavy in Shankill D18 , sticking to the roads and all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

Hey, there may be some hope for Cork now, could see 1-3 cms of snow there later tonight and tomorrow morning ....
    halleluyah Brother Cranium, at long last may the snowshield be broken.My eyes have long craved those words from your all knowing and all powerful fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hi All

I reeeeeeaaaaaallllllly dont want to work tomorrow......hoping for snow to get me out of it.

Problem: I'm n Wexford and no snow yet....whats my chances of a bed day tomorrow.

Please let it be good news

Whisper those three little words...."make it so."

Make it snow

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

still very heavy snow falling here in south tipp guys........

looking at sky news weather it suggets we should be getting loads of snow from around 6am till midday all around the south east ....
    what do the experts make of this ???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Make it snow

Engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

Started snowing here in crossmaglen around 4o'clock and stopped around 7:30/8:00 got some pics :P

http://i52.tinypic.com/10z3bwn.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/wgxdv9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Just home from work (took 2hrs) and i have never seen so much snow in Navan, I was hiking up wicklow yesterday and that area didnt even have as much as I do in my garden!!!!

I LOVE SNOW.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

This is a pic from Drogheda from around 10 this evening. The car itself was clear at 5:30.

138507.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

bit of a light snow flurry for a few mins there in navan (johnstown) again just as i was about to go to bed, but it looks like it has stopped by the time i rushed in here to post about it. :(

let me go back to bed goddamit! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Earlier rain became snow by about 9. Probably 3-5cm fallen since that time, starting to die off now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

popflop wrote: »
    Started snowing here in crossmaglen around 4o'clock and stopped around 7:30/8:00 got some pics :P

Poor dog cant even open his eyes.. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

popflop wrote: »

Great first post :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Still giving it socks here in Swords, started about 6pm

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Engage.

Maximum Warp

I so want more snow. Im going to hang on for 15 more mins. Enough for a beverage.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

There you go... big flakes of the stuff coming down here in south D15. It hasn't gone away, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

mate went for a hike up galtymore over weekend..
    this is the cross at the top on a normal day
    3723155589_b1f7729a09_o.jpg
    this is the cross at the weekend..

65853_172723469415210_100000326736052_433703_577490_n.jpg
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭boardgirl

do ye think Limerick will get any snow tonight or tomorrow? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

about 2 inches of snow so far here, and no signs of it stopping

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭popflop

Saganist wrote: »
    Poor dog cant even open his eyes.. :eek::eek:
    haha he could see fine but when he tried to get the snow off by rubbing his head on the ground it just got worse :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Maximum Warp

I so want more snow. Im going to hang on for 15 more mins. Enough for a beverage.

Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.

*Draws line in snow*

Nooooo! The line must be drawn HERE! This far, no further!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement