Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

doesn't look like there was anything more overnight in navan. :(

out.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Just under 6 inches in Kilkenny. My earlier bleary eyed guess was a bit off. But the drainpipes are dripping like mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

It obviously kept snowing after I went to bed last night. I'd say yesterday brought about 3 cm or so in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I'd say about 3 inches of snow in Finglas last night,going from whats on my car anyway. Not really that cold either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice fresh covering of wet snow last night, melting now though. Main road looks fine outside.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

-12 and 12cm of snow fell yesterday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Beautiful calm dry crispy frosty morning in galway
    yet if I listen to the radio, all I hear is snow and ice and how horrible the weather is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

More snow in ashbourne

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Dublin CC roads look fine, but back roads look impassable at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Raining in Lusk, all the lovely snow from last night is melting away... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

just driven from navan to clonsilla to drop my wife off to the train and its a bit snowy but otherwise okay. plenty of traffic on the roads already so if you're planning on a snow ay you might be on your own, esp. as i've heard some companies have been making people take snow days as annual leave or even unpaid leave.:eek:

so glad i can work from home when i need to! :cool:

looks like the big thaw is finally on now tho, rain in clonsilla now and the gutters in navan were already dripping at 6:30am. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

Power going on and off since 7:25. Whole estate in darkness.
    I'm in kilcock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Gorey still frozen... waiting to hear the drip drip of melting snow, the estate is still frozen solid!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Very heavy snow last night in West Dublin. At least 8 centimetres fell here in Castleknock, Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

frost is nearly gone. it was raining last night again:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Snowing away here close to Drogheda and I certainly don't think there is a thaw on... Am I living in some freak Micro-climate? Has the Ice-Age set in here?

It's been great but could really do with this thaw arriving - Christmas is sneaking up and not a thing done yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Athboy is covered in snow (like vibe666 camera - thanks for that!) Am due back in work tomorrow and have to go on the Navan/Athboy N51 road - anyone been there, whats it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Crackerspray

Snow getting heavier again near Enfield. About 3 inches fell last night. Temperature is -1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

2 inches more in Glasnevin last night, but at least it protected the car from icing over.

Roads and paths were a little better with the fresh layer, but will get worse with more traffic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

heavy thaw here now, dripping like mad and fresh covering disappearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

No sign of thaw up here. Dipped about -13 last night. May have to use a gat stand as a Christmas tree if I can't get out in the next few days !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

light snow in Trim now, on top of 2-3" from last evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

predictions for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Drummer Mummer

Thaw on here too, thick snow sliding off the car, temp at +3c and a stiff easterly wind. Was raining half an hour ago and after a night of heavy snow, looks like its going to get very wet here!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

massive thaw happening here in north co. dublin. it's raining for the last while.
    disappointing! it was like a winter wonderland last night. looks crap out there now..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

Plenty of snow in Portmarnock overnight - at least two inches. No frost though - just the usual slushy mess over frozen icy roads.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

heavy snow here again, the now depth is now back up to what it was before the thaw set in last saturday. From the looks of the radar the snow belt which drifted out over the Irish sea has mushroomed in size and is heading back towards Meath and Dublin and if it does it could end up snowing all day long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

The thaw is on in Ashbourne. It was between 0 - 1C at 6:45 this morning and already turning to rain. Hopefully this continues and its all gone by the time I get home :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

Can the experts tell us that front in the Irish sea is coming back in land? Might fall as rain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement