Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Only 1 cm fell here last night, but i heard kilkenny city has over 10cm last night . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts....

Temperature: Current -1.4 °C High -0.1 °C Low -1.4 °C
    Dew Point: Current -1.7 °C High -0.4 °C Low -1.7 °C

Worst night of snow so far.
    All schools closed again.

IMG_1277.jpg?t=1291710916

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

turning to sleet here now, and thaw started but theres so much snow it aint all gonna melt in one day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

Light snow falling in Athboy the past few minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Gonzo wrote: »
    turning to sleet here now, and thaw started but theres so much snow it aint all gonna melt in one day!
    my gutters were already dripping at 6:30am this morning in navan, so i wouldn't be surprised if we get a major thaw today. all we need is a bit of cloud cover tonight to keep the warmth in and it'll probably be all melted by tomorrow. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Still snowing heavily in carlow town

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭chinchin

About 3cm here in Swords again yesterday evening, big thaw on this morning though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the thaw hasnt really goten going here yet, it's only dripping slightly from the roof coz of the heat. Nothing has melted off cars and the ground as of yet. Sleet has turned back to wet snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

Only 1 cm fell here last night, but i heard kilkenny city has over 10cm last night . . .

Kilkenny town here, just measured snow on top of my car 100mm exactly

The car was clear at 11pm last night, I had just driven down from Dublin. there was crazy snow falling in South Kildare/North Carlow but it just kicked off in Kilkenny when I got in door just after 11pm. Heaviest snow I've seen so far this year, the air was completely still

Athboy is covered in snow (like vibe666 camera - thanks for that!) Am due back in work tomorrow and have to go on the Navan/Athboy N51 road - anyone been there, whats it like?
    i haven't been round that way sorry.

as for the camera, it's just a regular webcam attached to my home PC pressed up against the window with yawcam running on it which is a free webcam software suite that allows for everything from those live pics to ive streaming, motion detection (with active/passive areas on screen), ftp uploads and email alerts etc.

it actually outputs a whole webpage that you can edit yourself to add other content, but all i did was to take the jpeg output file for the cam and paste it directly into the thread.

out.jpg

i'm going to get a better webcam at some stage as the output on my existing one is only 640x480, maybe even a HD one that i can mount outside in some sort of enclosure so the inside lights and the sun don't reflect off the glass so much, but its christmas and there's more important things to so spending my cash on. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Sleet/rain in Maynooth, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

heavy snow here again, the now depth is now back up to what it was before the thaw set in last saturday. From the looks of the radar the snow belt which drifted out over the Irish sea has mushroomed in size and is heading back towards Meath and Dublin and if it does it could end up snowing all day long!

I prayed for that to happen last night before I went to bed, although I don't want it all coming back to us as rain. :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Sleet/snow starting again.

snowing very heavy here again in Dunshaughlin, massive flakes.

From the looks of the radar the snow belt which drifted out over the Irish sea has mushroomed in size and is heading back towards Meath and Dublin and if it does it could end up snowing all day long!
    i'd say if it does come back, it'll fall as rain and speed up the thaw even more, although from the look of it now there's some weather 'stuff' (no idea what its called, not a weather geek:D) moving down from the north that looks like its going to push it further south so it might well end up hitting arklow or wexford, or maybe even just continue a bit further east and dump on swansea.

i wish it wasn't so, but i think we've pretty much had as much as we're going to get for now anyways. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Heavy snow still falling here, about 5cm fallen so far in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

starting rain here - but with lumps in it.... long day ahead so

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

sleety rain here

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Snowing here in Wexford town too!!! I thought it was all over:)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

I have to go to Donegal in the morning. I was supposed to go last Wednesday, but for obvious reasons I had to Postpone the job. What do you fellow boardies think is it worth doing the journey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Where up here are you headed. And from where ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

car said -7 in donegal town today
    bright blue skies now so should be a quick rise in temperatures, would be nice if they gritted the roads though, OH said noticable difference between sligo and donegal road conditions yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Ninja snow in wexford, Crept up outa knowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

very quiet here today - doubt many were expexting more - knew skynews wouldnt be wrong - pretty bang on so far - she was saying there this is their snow belt from yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

anymore for kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Raining here in D11!! :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

irish1967 wrote: »
    Where up here are you headed. And from where ?

From Kilkenny City to Donegal Town

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Raining in Greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

djhaxman wrote: »
    Sleet/rain in Maynooth, meh.

Pure snow now, quite heavy at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Light sleet now in Dublin 15 but after last night's heavy snowfall the snow is very deep in a lot of places. Currently 1 degree.:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement