Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Stick to the main roads and you will be fine. Take no quickie shortcuts as side and back roads are driving disaster areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

Appears to be sleet/rain falling in Clondalkin/Lucan. :( I got up early to go out in the snow that fell last night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

About 3 inches last night from 9-11pm in portlaoise seems to be thawing a bit now.Sky looks as if it could have more in it!

Main roads are ok but the slush on them making them dangerous.Some of the footpath are brutal at this stage with the snow that fell last saturday week still on them as well as the Top up we have got...

Still I don't think we have got anything like as bad as alot of places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Raining again in North Dublin. There's part of of that wants snow and part that wants it gone.

I don't mind snow when its snowing but if its raining and doing nothing. I wish it would go away.

I want to wash my car god damnit! :p looks a mess and needs TLC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

took one look outside my window. eeeek ice rink. *sigh*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

No need to wait til Friday for a thaw around here, heavy rain, slush everywhere.
    THE END

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Lashing down snow in Waterford city at the moment. It was very light when I was up about 7 and then eased off but its fairly heavy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Heavy snow still falling here, the flakes are HUGE!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Heavy Rain in Dublin 4 now ...very warm walking to work :o

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Getting closer - wondering whats in that band - darker than we normally see on coast on radar .....http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Heavy snow still falling here, the flakes are HUGE!:D

Feck u and ur cold mountainous place! ....* shakes fist!*

....EDIT! : ITS TURNED TO SLEET HERE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

BIG snow flakes coming down fast

Anyone in Blanchardstown area? I'm heading to work soon there from Maynooth (where it just started snowing again and we had loads already).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Sleet here in new Ross with dark grey skies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Getting closer - wondering whats in that band - darker than we normally see on coast on radar .....http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    Its rain. Dublin Airport (+2) is currently 3 deg warmer than Belmullet (-1) which is on a peninsula surrounded by the warm waters of the Gulf Stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Sacramento wrote: »
    Anyone in Blanchardstown area? I'm heading to work soon there from Maynooth (where it just started snowing again and we had loads already).

you missed my post above yours ;)

snowning heavy & light more heavy now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Snowing in Waterford city, nice big flakes getting heavier. Temp 0.3c DP -0.3

More Detail and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭dMaN24

Sacramento wrote: »

Raining, with a heap of snow along the side of the roads. Slushy roads. :(

(I miss using my motorcycle)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The rain in Lucan has now turned into a heavy snow shower!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Light rain snow light rain snow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Major thaw underway in Maynooth, lots of dripping and the trees started loosing snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Naas got it last night and is still getting it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

theres a blanket of cloud over cork at the moment. dont know if much will come of it though

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Its rain. Dublin Airport (+2) is currently 3 deg warmer than Belmullet (-1) which is on a peninsula surrounded by the warm waters of the Gulf Stream.

miserable day so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Snowing in Waterford city, nice big flakes getting heavier. Temp 0.3c DP -0.3

More Detail and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

Yep, some nice snow here now alright. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 martin king

hi i am just headin to work and iam wonderin if there is sn ow due around donaghmede i hope so thanks dued:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

Lucan precipitation can't decide whether it wants to be snow or rain, so it keeps switching between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭secman

FCUK OFF SNOW

Absolutely fed up with it now :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Secman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

If the temp was only a few degrees lower Dublin City Center would be getting dumped on now :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lucan precipitation can't decide whether it wants to be snow or rain, so it keeps switching between them.

Same here - flip flopping - rain, sleet, snow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement