Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

rain sleet here in D.18...the beginning of the final end I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

hi i am just headin to work and iam wonderin if there is sn ow due around donaghmede i hope so thanks dued:D;)
    check tv3 weather?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

People saying this is the end and its all over, lol i's the first week in december and after a "mild" weekend i's gonna get cold cold cold again.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    theres a blanket of cloud over cork at the moment. dont know if much will come of it though
    Not a hope for snow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It was -13.3 C at Killygordon in East Donegal an hour ago!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

thaw has finally started here but still it's really only melting from roofs an falling off tree's, so not sure if thats what is considered to be a proper thaw of snow. Snow here is deeper than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭sarah101

snowing AGAIN here in north Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Snowing in Blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Pissin down with snow in Tramore Co.Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭waterford1988

Still bucketing down heavily in Tramore, Co. Waterford. I'm supposed to be in Dublin today. I think it might be too dangerous to drive.

I've read the AA site but does anyone have any advice about the main Waterford-Dublin road today? The roads around Waterford are lethal,snow seems to have fallen on the already lethal ice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Still snowing in Naas, Co. Kildare.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Very heavy for the last 45 mins here in Waterford City. Not sticking to main roads

Live Stats and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Unbelievable! Yet more snow last night AND this morning here.......
    Sort of happy as I LOVE snow sort of fed up as have not left house for over 9 days......I feel hot very hot (cabin fever coming on)......:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

nice amount of snow fell here in south tipp last night.. still some showers of snow on an off all mornin.

lookin on rain today.. is that front gonna turn and come back in over us in the next few hours ?? as they were thinkin last nite ..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

You can give us some snow here in Cork since we haven't got anything since last Monday when we had snow for around 15 minutes. Last year we got only one day as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

rahmalec wrote: »
    You can give us some snow here in Cork since we haven't got anything since last Monday when we had snow for around 15 minutes. Last year we got only one day as well.

we are shoveling it onto lorries and sending it down as we speak :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

NIALL D wrote: »
    nice amount of snow fell here in south tipp last night.. still some showers of snow on an off all mornin.

lookin on rain today.. is that front gonna turn and come back in over us in the next few hours ?? as they were thinkin last nite ..:confused:

Yeah, looking at Met.ie radar it seems to be have started rotating anti-clockwise in the last few hours

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

thank god temperature is rising and its raining here in dublin

Snow was great but time for it to move on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Sleeting now in D3, right beside the coast

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭maherball

Is it snowing or raining in lucan now? Was starting to snow heavy when I left at 940ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

****in' tragic so it is!
    I'm looking out the window at the rain turning the snow to slush yet a mere 40 miles away Mullingar is -4c and sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

maherball wrote: »
    Is it snowing or raining in lucan now? Was starting to snow heavy when I left at 940ish

Very fine drizzle at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

maherball wrote: »

Raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Lashing rain here, thaw is rapidly underway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Any rain or thaw in Ashbourne at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Woke up to find it raining quite heavily here. All the snow that was in the trees at 2AM is gone. Snow out the backgarden and on roofs is also beginning to thin out. Maybe a proper thaw is actually coming to South Dublin! Then again it is supposed to hit -3 or -4 in these parts later on tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Woke up to find it raining quite heavily here. All the snow that was in the trees at 2AM is gone. Snow out the backgarden and on roofs is also beginning to thin out. Maybe a proper thaw is actually coming to South Dublin! Then again it is supposed to hit -3 or -4 in these parts later on tonight...

in goatstown too, it's sleeting now. gonna be nasty tonight when it freezes on that semi-freddo

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Wet snow now (huge flakes) as it gets heavier. 1.0c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭tipperaryjim

MET Eireann ain't nothing on these boys :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Heavy snow here in Edenderry again the last hour.After 4 hours of it yesterday evening and it looks like that big blob on the radar is coming this way.Roads are mental.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement