Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Snowing at the moment in North Co Laois, light but steady. Got about 4 inches of snow last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

Woke up to lashing rain and now it's sleeting slightly :/

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

really heavy snow here in north kilkenny for the last hour or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Rain has turned to snow in Dublin 4 ...have winds changed or temps dropped ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

****in' tragic so it is!
    I'm looking out the window at the rain turning the snow to slush yet a mere 40 miles away Mullingar is -4c and sunny.

yep!,but getting cloudy here now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

sleety snow again in Castlknock, Dublin 15. Still tons of the stuff around and only a slight thaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Rain has turned to sleet/Snow in Dublin 4, temp was 4.5deg when
    I got up this morning, it has since dropped to 2.5deg now.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭wasabi

Same in D8, changing to snow. I'm not a meteorologist, but I'd guess the air moving in from the Irish Sea pushed some air ahead of it that had been warmed up by the sea (which should still be about 8 degrees or so), and that warmer air has now run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

channaigh wrote: »
    really heavy snow here in north kilkenny for the last hour or so

yep lookin at the radars it looks like its turning out in the irish sea and headin back in the southwest kinda direction... we could be right in the firing line for a few hours maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭wasabi

NIALL D wrote: »
    yep lookin at the radars it looks like its turning out in the irish sea and headin back in the southwest kinda direction... we could be right in the firing line for a few hours maybe...

I'm just waiting for someone from Cork to pop in now and ask if it's going to make it that far :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

snow/sneet here in goatstown again thankfully! coming down good and hard too.

wasabi wrote: »
    I'm just waiting for someone from Cork to pop in now and ask if it's going to make it that far :D

they ask that every year about the liam mcarthy:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Really belting down (wet snow) here. 0.9c

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭TFK

The weather is suffering from a personality disorder here today. It was thawing this morning, then it rained, then it snowed, then it rained again then it got windy and now it seems to be both raining and snowing!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Rain in Dublin City Centre has changed to snow now too, Is the rain that fell going to turn into ice now :eek: scary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Had been raining this morning in balinteer, now heavy snow coming down now. Looks like plenty up there too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Snow stopped in Naas at 10.15am. A sudden thaw set in. But now its snowing lightly again and the thaw seems to have stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Despite reports on 96nevergetitrightFM, Cork has had a good thaw, almost all frost gone.

1.4C Dry. 1005.8 rising

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jesus, it's belting down again. Please someone tell me the end is in sight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Got another 3 or 4" in Castledermot last night.
    All my weekends work digging out the car was for nothing.
    That spiral over Dublin could play havoc with today's weather.
    Only slight thaw from roofs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

wasabi wrote: »
    already has ,light graupel here for the last 20 mins,getting a little heavier:D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

yeah dumping down pretty wet looking snow here in ballinteer. i was pleased to see it appear to be melting this morning so i could go and rescue a vehicle.. but eh.. not sure now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Jesus, it's belting down again. Please someone tell me the end is in sight.

There is a good chance that any 'end' will only be a few days of milder weather. It's more likely than not that we could be in for another cold/snowy spell from about the middle of the month onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭laois gael

snowing again in portlaoise -2 outside aswell....

IS THIS COMING BACK IN FROM THE EAST AGAIN???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I wish it would stop snowing, enough is enough.

already has ,light graupel here for the last 20 mins,getting a little heavier:D

When is it ever going to snow in Cork City though!! :mad:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Dun Laoghaire just has rain, rain and more rain :(

snowing again in Dublin 15 and it seems to have got colder as well.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

OK been snowing and sleeting here in Firhouse steadily since about 0915.
    I'd gladly send some to the Rebel County - if I could - as we have so, so, SOOO much to share!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement