Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭squonk

Was sleet at the city center last I saw. Conditions in skerries were appalling this morning. Horrible slush.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Bucketing snow all morning here - I just love this new Canadian Climate:D

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

gbee wrote: »
    Despite reports on 96nevergetitrightFM, Cork has had a good thaw, almost all frost gone.

1.4C Dry. 1005.8 rising

IT is still really icy out there though, so they are right, it is still -1 up in Cork Airport and my reading in the car only 10 minutes ago in Ballincollig was -2, the footpaths and roads are like glass in areas with black ice, so no full on thaw here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

OK I am sick of this snow too...TWO solid weeks and still thick on the ground here in Dublin city and county..I would love to ship some down to snow starved Cork. It is the same every year:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

channaigh wrote: »
    IS THIS COMING BACK IN FROM THE EAST AGAIN???

Yes, as I posted in a reply at 10.43 to another post:

"Yeah, looking at Met.ie radar it seems to be have started rotating anti-clockwise in the last few hours"

Not sure if Kilkenny will be hit, though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Verging on a blizzard here now as the wind picks up and the big flakes just keep comin!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Some how avoided almost all of the snow so far, kilkenny city had loads last night, north of the county getting loads now and very south of the county got loads earlier this morning, All we got was shítty little graupel for an hour and 1 cm of snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Horrendous conditions outside, lashing rain one moment, then snow the next. A merss, it is melting all the snow on the ground though which at this stage I'm happy to see.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

this is unreal. this weather front has been going for 30 hours at this stage. turning increasingly to snow. seems to be begining to push south now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

Full on blizzard happening in Blessington

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Snowing for the last 30 mins in city centre. Any update on Lucan?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

two hours now of heavy snow and still very dark here can't see any of the sky

inabina wrote: »
    this is unreal. this weather front has been going for 30 hours at this stage. turning increasingly to snow. seems to be begining to push south now?

Yeah, from Met.ie radar seems to be looping back from the Irish sea into Dublin/South Meath and then back down through Kildare, Laois, Offaly & North Tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Monkaa

This weather cant make up its mind, was raining, then sleeting, then graupel and now its snowing heavily! Its all very wet tho, doesnt seem to be sticking well (Dublin 18)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

And the Lord did finally spake, Verily I say, my chosen people shall be given an Oasis. An Oasis in the middle of chaos. For 10 score leagues and twenty, shall I rain down my heavenly white retribution for a dozen days. Not on my promised land shall I inflict this however, I say unto you! For My chosen people have rendered a gift unto me 3 score years ago. A symbol of their devotion. A cross on mountain high beside the sea.

My people call this Oasis....BRAY.

Verily I say, Thou must fear the heathen greek demon Calibos, for he wishes to bring my heavenly white wrath down upon the promised land.... but head my words. It shall not come to pass.....ever.

So sayeth the Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭inabina

Monkaa wrote: »
    This weather cant make up its mind, was raining, then sleeting, then graupel and now its snowing heavily! Its all very wet tho, doesnt seem to be sticking well

ye, its poxy snow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Gerard Fleming didn't sound too convincing a few minutes ago on the One o clock news.................. "we think it will become less cold, we hope there will be a thaw";)
    The only place to see temperatures approaching normal may be the far north west. I can see a lot of advection fog developing in areas with snow cover with that high sitting on top of the southern half of the country. We'll see?

Yesterday I thought the cold would cling on in the southern half of the country due to the position of the high and hopefully I might be right. Here's the gist of ME's latest forecast:
    Thurs: some frost in the midlands,south and east.
    Fri: frost confined to south and southeast.
    Sat: more widespread sharp and severe frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,514 ✭✭✭Heroditas

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Snowing for the last 30 mins in city centre. Any update on Lucan?

Just overcast at the moment. No rain, sleet or snow at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

jprboy wrote: »
    Yes, as I posted in a reply at 10.43 to another post:

"Yeah, looking at Met.ie radar it seems to be have started rotating anti-clockwise in the last few hours"

Not sure if Kilkenny will be hit, though...

i know i saw that this morning, i was like:eek: it doesnt want to leave by the looks of things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

I was caught about 15 miles away from my house when the near blizzard conditions hit Kilkenny. Got about 4 inches in the space of 2 hours and a further inch or two through out the night. Starting to thaw a little bit with temperatures up to 3 for the first time in a few days.

Will Kilkenny get more at any stage today?
    Is it true there's a "small bit more" forecast for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krrh

can someone please tell me what the forcast is for dublin - been reading so many different reports i dont know what to believe!

are we going to get anymore today, tonight or tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Still bucketing down snow in Wicklow / Kildare. Rush hour should be fun this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

Snowing quite heavily in Limerick at the moment..

Squarewave wrote: »
    Snowing quite heavily in Limerick at the moment..

What part?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭The Little Fella

Snowing in Limerick Citaaaaaaaaay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

jprboy wrote: »
    What part?

UL

..and the city, apparently..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Just light flurries now but a really decent amount of snow did fall this morning. I say the roads are interesting, hard packed snow with a big load of fluffy snow on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

complete white out in Killaloe now :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

snowing away here in south tipp:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement