Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

This snow just seems to have stalled on the waterford coast. Falling moderately all morning. 8-10 cm this morning alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

NIALL D wrote: »
    snowing away here in south tipp:)

has it stopped there at all niall. eased off here in the last twenty mintues wonder if there is anymore to come

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

I just drove from Wicklow Town to Parkwest in D12.
    Along the coast the car was showing +4 and it was raining from the Greystones area north, quite intensive at times.
    Past Junction 16 (Cherrywood) on the M50 it turned to heavy sleet and the temp dropped to +2.
    Around Firhouse/Tallaght it was bucketing snow and the temp was down to 0.
    I'll be driving to Newbridge in the next hour, I wonder what that'll be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

channaigh wrote: »
    has it stopped there at all niall. eased off here in the last twenty mintues wonder if there is anymore to come

it eased down to a very light bit for about half an hour , jus picked up a bit heavier again in the last 15 mins;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Thread name change required?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

lets hope for streamers on the east coast later, the wind has changed NE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Anyone know if there is anymore snow on the way for the north Louth area?:) Ta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Looks like theres a circle of snow going around kilkenny at the moment!!!

zzz.gif

Also noticed an ad at the bottom of the page for the canary islands, advertising ''a better winter'' . . i'm starting to long for some warm sunshine again . .:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭stackerman

Im up on the hills near Rathcoole. Dumping down here most of the night and all day so far. Made it down this morning to the N7/Red cow area and the main roads are fine. If the snow keeps falling, i'd say I'll be snowed in for the first time, even in my 4x4 :(

dacogawa wrote: »

jus a question .. when you say wind is changed to northeast , do you mean its headin in south west kinda direction ? may be a stupid question but still jus learning the ropes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Winger_PL wrote: »
    I just drove from Wicklow Town to Parkwest in D12.
    Along the coast the car was showing +4 and it was raining from the Greystones area north, quite intensive at times.
    Past Junction 16 (Cherrywood) on the M50 it turned to heavy sleet and the temp dropped to +2.
    Around Firhouse/Tallaght it was bucketing snow and the temp was down to 0.
    I'll be driving to Newbridge in the next hour, I wonder what that'll be like.

Well theres a blizzard in Naas so I reckon it could be same

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

thanks to all the snow here in Dundalk I'm now 1 foot higher above sea level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

There's been flurries in Leixlip. It's hit a little break but i reckon it'll be back soon. Tempeture is 2°C but it feels like -3°C because of these 22km winds. Humidity is at 93 percent. Sunset is at 16:08 so i'm seeing a bit of a freeze tonight with a bit more ice and snow i reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Winger_PL

Niall558 wrote: »
    There's been flurries in Leixlip. It's hit a little break but i reckon it'll be back soon. Tempeture is 2°C but it feels like -3°C because of these 22km winds. Humidity is at 93 percent. Sunset is at 16:08 so i'm seeing a bit of a freeze tonight with a bit more ice and snow i reckon!

Grand, but what's the story with these colours? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

jus a question .. when you say wind is changed to northeast , do you mean its headin in south west kinda direction ? may be a stupid question but still jus learning the ropes ;)

Yes, that what it means.

It's where the wind comes FROM.

It's a good question, don't apologise for it, nothing wrong with not knowing, lots wrong with not asking!

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Yes, its heading south east (ish) & there's no stupid questions

M.T. (on the forcast thread) said that we could expect streamers on the east coast kinda like last week

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

starting again here in north kilkenny wind is pickingup

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭wildefalcon

Oh, and for those who don't already know:

This is the link for the rainfall radar - running as an animation to give you an idea as to what's next.

http://met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

Yes, that what it means.

It's where the wind comes FROM.

It's a good question, don't apologise for it, nothing wrong with not knowing, lots wrong with not asking!

G.
    Yes, its heading south east (ish) there's no stupid questions

M.T. (on the forcast thread) said that we could expect streamers on the east coast kinda like last week

^^thanks to both of ye;) very helpful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Daisy Steiner

Snowing in East Limerick, not too heavy but coupled with the road conditions last night I can't see how this is good :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

smowing away here south of new ross (approx 11 miles)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

smodgley wrote: »

Not a hangover, honestly, I just have a problem with nasal congestion ... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

sorry if this is a stupid Question,but when you say its smowing you do mean snowing right?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fr wishy washy

65 Unable to serve Blessington, terminating at City West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Unless the dewpoint at the M2 buoy drops significantly, any streamers will be of rain I think. Currently it's 2.3 C

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

any one know why seagulls are so far inland?? seeing a ton of seagulls around the area of the northside of cork city:confused: never seen so many this far inland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Grass cutting is a bit tricky in this weather :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Really heavy snow in Letterkenny for the past half an hour, still falling. Added about 3cm so far.

Seems to be getting heavier if anything

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Snowing here in North Tipp since 10 o clock this morning. Good few inches on the ground now and still snowing heavy. We didn't get this much snow last winter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

According to Kilkenny Weather (i think that is kleefarrs site - one of our own!) , the current snow depth there of 20cm is the deepest ever. (station was not recording in 1947).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement