Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 PSCS

Good snowfall after falling in South East Clare/ Limerick City!! Seems to be streamin fron east cost directly onto us!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

sorry if this is a stupid Question,but when you say its smowing you do mean snowing right?:o

yes i meant SNOWING
    god i hate the spelling police:D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Not wrote: »
    Unless the dewpoint at the M2 buoy drops significantly, any streamers will be of rain I think. Currently it's 2.3 C

I'm talking more about this evening/tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    any one know why seagulls are so far inland?? seeing a ton of seagulls around the area of the northside of cork city:confused: never seen so many this far inland
    Maybe because they know there won't be snow in Cork so will be safe for them? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭jprboy

Snowing here in North Tipp since 10 o clock this morning. Good few inches on the ground now and still snowing heavy. We didn't get this much snow last winter.

Where in N Tipp are you, Glimmer?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Had a good 2 hours of heavy snow here this morning in Waterford City. Main roads are clear but minor roads and on estates are very icy. Temp now +0.7c Dp -0.2c

Data and Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Brenireland

smodgley wrote: »
    yes i meant SNOWING
    god i hate the spelling police:D:p
    you could have meant SMOW which means:Standard Mean Ocean Water.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

This snow just seems to have stalled on the waterford coast. Falling moderately all morning. 8-10 cm this morning alone.

I doubt there has been anymore than a centimetre in Waterford..too mild:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

jprboy wrote: »
    Where in N Tipp are you, Glimmer?
    I am in Nenagh Town. The snow has just stopped but it is still cloudy so hopefully we will get a few more inches before a thaw sets in.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

I am in Nenagh Town. The snow has just stopped but it is still cloudy so hopefully we will get a few more inches before a thaw sets in.

How are the roads in the Nenagh area?

• Advertisement

It seems to me that the areas in which it snows least or not at all are 1. Cork. 2. Kerry apart from the mountains). 3.Clare 4. Limerick ( a few snowflakes and itis a blizzard in that place) 5. Waterford (except for this cold period otherwise practically never).:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Most of Munster - Waterford, and + Tipp.

Wouldnt let me edit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 PSCS

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    It seems to me that the areas in which it snows least or not at all are 1. Cork. 2. Kerry apart from the mountains). 3.Clare 4. Limerick ( a few snowflakes and itis a blizzard in that place) 5. Waterford (except for this cold period otherwise practically never).:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    You were obviously out the day they did the North Atlantic Drift in School?

snowing again lightly in Dublin 15...The roads will be like glass later on with this mixture of sleet and snow. Apparently te big freeze will return next Tuesday.

PSCS wrote: »
    You were obviously out the day they did the North Atlantic Drift in School?

more like the Gulf Stream n'est-ce pas???

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

lookin at rain today that mass hovering around dublin seems to be pushing in the south west direction , ie from around dublin heading twards cork direction , roughly.......

what do people think ??? wind looks to be pushing in a more southerly direction with the last hour or so ?

Only the finger..there may well be a flurry or two or a bit of sleet in these areas but not enough to even amount to a centimetre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

What's it doing in south Dublin at the moment, raining I presume ?

big freeze to return next tuesday ? where did u read that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Are you this years owenc?

I notice from IWN that it's nice and balmy in the Pale today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

limerick got a little, fingers crossed more this evening?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

It was indeed about 8 to 10cm down here, Temp was a perfect 0.2c Dp -0.4c. Ideal snow conditions, not like the mucky rain up in Dublin.

Re: Owenc , Great minds Jerry .......... was just thinking the same thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Light snowfall in Kanturk, Cork at the moment (woohoo!)
    Its staying on the ground too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Speak Now

It was indeed about 8 to 10cm down here, Temp was a perfect 0.2c Dp -0.4c. Ideal snow conditions, not like the mucky rain up in Dublin.

Hey Mick, here's the view from my back window before today's top up :)

P.S how do i embed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

NIALL D wrote: »
    lookin at rain today that mass hovering around dublin seems to be pushing in the south west direction , ie from around dublin heading twards cork direction , roughly.......

what do people think ??? wind looks to be pushing in a more southerly direction with the last hour or so ?

Here is their forecast for 16:30, red is snow & grey is sleet

nonameem.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I've been thinking the same thing myself for the last two weeks.

Here is their forecast for 16:30, red is snow & grey is sleet

cheers , thank you ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Hey Mick, here's the view from my back window before today's top up :)

P.S how do i embed it?

url.jpg

138552.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Absolutely lashing down snow here in Rathdrum, not sure if it can last at this pace TBH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement