Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Freeze bites back -6th December onwards (All discussion here please)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Pangea wrote: »
    http://www.tv3.ie/shows.php?request=themorningshow&tv3_preview=&video=30180

Go to around 21 mins of the morning show, and you can see photos of the cold spell, some from one of our own posters.
    Also talks about a meteor shower on monady night and a eclipse on the full moon this month.

Planning on goin to the phoenix park to take pictures of the Eclipse, hopefully we will get some clear skys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

kyub wrote: »
    The thaw is officially on here in Dublin 15 and I'm a happy bunny. They are actually starting to clear the paths/roads/car parks properly in and around Blanchardstown Shopping Centre today. :)
    I thought those who prefer gloom,miserable grey skies and boring Atlantic muck as opposed to dazzling white snow, blue sky, dry crisp Arctic air, stunning winter wonderland scenes etc had their own thread, "the happy thaw" or whatever it's called.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I thought those who prefer gloom,miserable grey skies and boring Atlantic muck as opposed to dazzling white snow, blue sky, dry crisp Arctic air, stunning winter wonderland scenes etc had their own thread, "the happy thaw" or whatever it's called.:rolleyes:

There is no dazzling white snow anymore. There are sheets of dangerous ice and brown ****ty sludge but not much else. Bring on the thaw I say!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

kyub wrote: »
    There is no dazzling white snow anymore. There are sheets of dangerous ice and brown ****ty sludge but not much else. Bring on the thaw I say!

where you are maybe;). i still have 2 inches of snow on the grass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

dave1982 wrote: »

I'm sure we'll have that much snow courtesy of the winter storm M.T was talking about!

I could just imagine M.T. Cranium fretting and pleading for the messenger not to be shot if he thought that much snow was possibly on the way for parts of Ireland:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

I'm sure we'll have that much snow courtesy of the winter storm M.T was talking about!

I could just imagine M.T. Cranium fretting and pleading for the messenger not to be shot if he thought that much snow was possibly on the way for parts of Ireland:pac:

Indeed Nacho, death by 'Snow Whinging' would not be a nice way to depart this world! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

can any of our weather buffs put up some charts or confirm the extreme weather heading this way for xmas or confirm the talk of it?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

jimmynokia wrote: »
    can any of our weather buffs put up some charts or confirm the extreme weather heading this way for xmas or confirm the talk of it?:)

They are in the other thread.

I want to start a thread called ' Ive over de bleedin moon more snow is coming next week.' .....for all us snow lovers.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

gbee wrote: »
    They are in the other thread.

what thread

jimmynokia wrote: »
    what thread

go back to main weather forum, there are several threads to chose from..;)is this Owenc? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Just back from college, a very slight thaw today has left the estate as slippy now as it's been since this all started, really dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

briany wrote: »
    9 degrees in Belmullet.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

magnum-pi-hawaiian-shirt.jpg

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Serious thaw going on here, snow/ice is fast disappearing. The temp on my car was reading 8.5C in the rain shower just there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

gurramok wrote: »
    Serious thaw going on here, snow/ice is fast disappearing. The temp on my car was reading 8.5C in the rain shower just there!
    pressure is 1034mb and what do we get? yes rain! our grotty climate is really back to normal now isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Roads pretty clear up my way now (Ticknock) but footpaths are absoultely LETHAL!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

lovely balmy 6oC here in cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

6oC in Cork

It couldn't be sixty degrees surely;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

A lot of melting going on here in Drogheda, but the roads and sidewalks in the estate are more lethal than ever. Took me 20 mins to do the usual 10 mins walk from the station - reminded me why I never go to Christmas on Ice and the like - absolutely impossible to walk here. Still 3-4 inches of snow lying on the open ground.

• Advertisement

gurramok wrote: »
    wow,it's only 3c down here and bone dry.
    Theres been a good thaw on some of the ice but not much impact on the snow cover yet,the grass and roofs are still covered.
    All of the ice,you can walk on without cracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

footpaths AH :mad: I'm terrifed of the big chunky glass ice
    are footpaths the last to thaw out ? the ice doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I knew something wasn't quite right when I was getting off the bus at 23:30 and the guy in front of me went flying upon contact with the ground. My estate is actually the worse it's been. Thank god for walls because I was loving them tonight on the "short" walk home. Be careful if you're up very early in the morning.

The glossy effect of the ice on the roads is pretty though. Hope I don't get a full frontal view of it tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Despite it being only 1 degree theres a great thaw on here since about 4pm, down to less than 2 inches of snow now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

It seems like there is a thaw on Croagh Patrick, I can see the steam rising from the melting snow:

060113_alaska_volcano.jpg

It seems to be getting very warm around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Reasonably warm tonight! Footpaths an absolute nightmare. I feel for anyone living on the Roebuck Road who may have trouble getting around. There is no way they could leave their house, the footpath is ridiculously dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

People the cold is coming back. Have u seen the charts we are goin cold next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

rilz wrote: »
    People the cold is coming back. Have u seen the charts we are goin cold next week!
    let us enjoy the thaw before going on about next week please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

looking bad for next week.....more snow and ice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

dont get me wrong folks i like the snow as much as the next guy but as i live up on a big hill, snow and ice made driving nearly impossible but this morning was totally different cos

''i can see a clear road now the snow is gone'' '' i can see all obstacles in my way'' ''gone is the black ice that made driving blind'' ''cos its a bright, bright sun shining day'' :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement