Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching DVDs/Movies on a nokia N8

Options
  • 05-12-2010 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

I have a nokia n8 and am just wondering is it possible to download movies/dvds to the phone from the internet or laptop as I fly/sail reguraly and would love to be able to view movies on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

I have a nokia n8 and am just wondering is it possible to download movies/dvds to the phone from the internet or laptop as I fly/sail reguraly and would love to be able to view movies on it.

A quick google tells me it plays divx/xvid (avi) and h.264 (mkv) so youu should have no problems. You can rip to these formats or download movies in your usual way wich we can't talk about here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

Cheers! Its been 2 years since I did anything with technology so my knowledge is a bit rusty.

I'll give it a shot over the next week or so and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

There's a file size limit of 2Gbytes too. That shouldn't be a major problem, though, unless you go crank all the quality settings up to 11...

Advertisement