Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic/Frost heater

• 05-12-2010 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi All
    Im looking to put a heater into my dog kennel. Its 4' by 4' by 4 1/2 high. Im looking for a compact frost heater with a stat (without a fan). I have tried all the hardware stores but with recent weather they cant be got. Ideally something under 400W. I have seen the tubular type from dimplex but am unsure what to use? Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Would you not put a dog in a dog kennel??(lol)

Seriously though,thats a bad idea,if the dog chews the cable,or messes around with the heater itself,then kiss the dog,kennel and heater goodbye .:(

If you are that worried about the dog,then let him/her stay/sleep in the kitchen while the cold weather is here.Thats what most people do with regards their pets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Infra-red lamps are great for heating because they directly heat the dog. Traditional space heaters heat the air and lose most of it through the kennel out into the atmosphere. You need to make sure everything is protected from moisture and teeth, i.e. armoured cable and/or steel conduit (properly earthed) and have a thermostat to prevent overheating the dog.

Alternatively,you can get microwavable heat pads or low-voltage heat pads which are perfectly safe for everyone involved, and much cheaper than all the high voltage wiring.
    http://www.pet-bliss.com/acatalog/Dog_Heating.html

Advertisement