Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this RAID card (Lindy.ie)

Options
  • 05-12-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning on buying this card to mirror my two 1TB drives.

It doesn't give any specifics on chipset/brand etc so i'm a bit wary! Also, it's PCI but it still provides 1.5Gbps per drive.

Also, it's comes with drives and software for windows. Does that mean that arrays are built an monitored from within windows?

Thanks.

EDIT: I guess you guys would appreciate a link to said card.. http://www.lindy.ie/shop/showProductDetail.do?orderNumber=51150

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

techguy wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm planning on buying this card to mirror my two 1TB drives.

It doesn't give any specifics on chipset/brand etc so i'm a bit wary! Also, it's PCI but it still provides 1.5Gbps per drive.

Also, it's comes with drives and software for windows. Does that mean that arrays are built an monitored from within windows?

Thanks.

Why are you not just using the motherboard to do RAID 1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

For some reason I tried that but it just won't work.

I have an Abit IP35Pro which uses the Intel ICH9r (iirc) chip. I tried everything but I couldn't get it to work. It just kept saying one of the drives was non-raid after it told me it built the array successfully.

I even had Komplett change one drive thinking it was faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

techguy wrote: »
    For some reason I tried that but it just won't work.

I have an Abit IP35Pro which uses the Intel ICH9r (iirc) chip. I tried everything but I couldn't get it to work. It just kept saying one of the drives was non-raid after it told me it built the array successfully.

I even had Komplett change one drive thinking it was faulty.

Hmmm, odd. :o

Anyway you should fix your OP cause theres no card listed in it

Advertisement