Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you bring to a party?

Options
  • 05-12-2010 2:31pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello all,

So tonight again I'm going to a party at someone's house. It's a BYOB type thing. I usually bring some food item, a bottle of wine and then some soft drink for myself. But many people have been commenting lately asking why I bring the wine if I don't drink. I don't know why, just sort of seems like the thing to do!

So my question to other non-drinkers is, do you bring something for the party hoster if they are a drinker (that sounds bad but you know what I mean). Or should I just turn up with the cake and Coke Zero??

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Even as a lifelong t-totaller, I'll always bring wine, beer, vodka or whatever, depending on the circumstance. It's the social convention and it's a pretty good one, IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I would alway's bring wine also even though I would be on the fanta! I guess it's a nice gesture especially if the host enjoy's a glass of vino :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Thanks for the replies. I don't live in Ireland and things are a bit different here, that may be why I'm getting the odd reaction. Think I'll continue my wine bringing ways so!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭zero_nine

Your car comes in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

dory wrote: »
    many people have been commenting lately asking why I bring the wine if I don't drink. I don't know why, just sort of seems like the thing to do!

Because you respect the fact that they drink wine, unlike most others not respecting our choice not to :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 RHN Ireland

I know this message is a bit late but I've often found that if you go to a party and bring minerals for use as mixers people appreciate it. Often people have brought plenty of alcohol but didn't bring their mixers. So bring a drink that suits yourself and a bit more for the other people.

Advertisement